Saints A wierd twist of irony in Saints vs Bucs matchup (1 Viewer)

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
For the second time this season the Saints play Tampa after facing Chicago. The first time the Saints beat them both the hard way on the road. Capped off with the perhaps the biggest statement game of the season a 38-3 victory in Tampa. Now this time they have the chance to repeat the feat in the Playoffs in the friendly confines of the Superdome.

I have a theory that Chicago's stout D-line helped the Saints prepare for the Buccaneers D-line. Fresh off the game speed of the Bears Defense, N.O and Brees didnt have to adjust to Tampa's D. Conversely, Brady has struggled mightily against teams that can offer a relentless pass rush. It is hard to make adjustments against the Saints defense because they are good at all levels and boast great depth everywhere except Linebacker.

The Saints depth on the D-Line will ensure that they can keep up an intense pass rush all game long on Brady and make his life hard. If N.O can get off to a good lead, Arians will likely abandon run and make Tampa become one dimensional offensively. When this happens Arians likes to call plays that tend to lead to negative consequences.

For the second time this season the Saints play Tampa after facing Chicago. The first time the Saints beat them both the hard way on the road. Capped off with the perhaps the biggest statement game of the season a 38-3 victory in Tampa. Now this time they have the chance to repeat the feat in the Playoffs in the friendly confines of the Superdome.

I have a theory that Chicago's stout D-line helped the Saints prepare for the Buccaneers D-line. Fresh off the game speed of the Bears Defense, N.O and Brees didnt have to adjust to Tampa's D. Conversely, Brady has struggled mightily against teams that can offer a relentless pass rush. It is hard to make adjustments against the Saints defense because they are good at all levels and boast great depth everywhere except Linebacker.

The Saints depth on the D-Line will ensure that they can keep up an intense pass rush all game long on Brady and make his life hard. If N.O can get off to a good lead, Arians will likely abandon run and make Tampa become one dimensional offensively. When this happens Arians likes to call plays that tend to lead to negative consequences.

giphy.gif

I hope you’re right and we kick their teeth out...😀

I hope he doesn’t abandon the run. This alleviates an attack on our secondary. Don’t want any cheap first downs on penalties.

Brady has also started to play poorly in night games outdoors. This one is a night game but in the dome.

I hope he doesn’t abandon the run. This alleviates an attack on our secondary. Don’t want any cheap first downs on penalties.
True that. Im hoping Brady does get so distressed that he does what he did the first two games, throw hopeless floaters that get picked off.

not gonna look this up. but if we were to win sunday, face the packers the next week, and the chiefs in the SB.

how often does a super bowl team face 4 teams in the post season that they played in the regular season.
Probably safe to say nothing like that has happened. Was thinking about that but afraid to post it. But ye, that would be awesome.

not gonna look this up. but if we were to win sunday, face the packers the next week, and the chiefs in the SB.

how often does a super bowl team face 4 teams in the post season that they played in the regular season.

2010 Packers got 3 out of 4
2011 Giants got 3 out of 4

1985 Patriots played 4 out of 4 however they lost the Super Bowl rather uhhh spectacularly.

I only looked at teams that had to play 4 games to get to the Super Bowl. That might change if you look at teams that had to play 3 games. I don't have time to check those out :hihi:

I lied. I got bored at work.

Super Bowl Winners

1986 Giants 3 for 3
Beat San Francisco 21-17 then 49-3
beat Washington (twice!) then again 17-0
beat Denver 19-16 then 39-20

1993 Cowboys 3 for 3
Regular Season: L Buffalo, W SF, W GB
Playoffs: Beat all them guys. Badly.

Super Bowl Losers.

1977 Broncos
Regular Season: W Pitt, L Oakland, L Dallas
Playoffs: W Pitt, W Oakland, L Dallas

1980 Eagles
Regular Season: W Minny, W/L Dallas, W Oakland
Playoffs: W Minny, W Dallas, L Oakland

1981 Bengals
Regular Season: W of Buff, W over Chargers, L San Francisco
Playsoffs: Ditto

1990 Buffalo
Regular season: L Miami, W Raiders, W Giants
Playoffs: W Miami, W Raiders, L Giants

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom