AAF players (1 Viewer)

saintturk1

ultimate browser
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I am curious how the players were selected by the teams and how they will be selected going forward they all get paid the same amount, will there be a draft will there be in-season trades?

billinms

Tiptoeing Through the Tulips
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
How much are ticket prices?

dutar76

3rd Year Pro
Reaction score
Yes... LSU/Saints players are in Memphis' region. This is a very novel approach. Teams having a footprint for eligible players. I like that.

The players are signed to $250k 3/yr deals. $70k first year, $80k second year, and $100k for their 3rd year. They can also make "in-season" bonuses... and get this, some of those bonuses are based on if they are chosen in fantasy leagues... I don't know whether to LOL or WOW...

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/02/aaf-salary-alliance-of-american-football-money/

HailStateSaintsFan

Formerly known as MSSaintfan
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Biloxi native, living in Central Mississippi
I found this, apparently the Memphis Express region consist of Saints and LSU
I think it is interesting that LSU is in Memphis area but not MSU which is decidedly closer. Not a complaint - just an interesting observation.

HailStateSaintsFan

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think it is interesting that LSU is in Memphis area but not MSU which is decidedly closer. Not a complaint - just an interesting observation.
Ah, I just found out why. Birmingham. Does anyone think an Alabama/Auburn state will support pro ball? My first thought is USC/UCLA area and lack of long term support for NFL teams.

Witchdoctor504

All-Pro
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ah, I just found out why. Birmingham. Does anyone think an Alabama/Auburn state will support pro ball? My first thought is USC/UCLA area and lack of long term support for NFL teams.
Football is a religion in the South. It’s not the same all over, people out west would argue they have more to do.

HailStateSaintsFan

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Football is a religion in the South. It’s not the same all over, people out west would argue they have more to do.
A very valid point. I don’t recall- how well did Birmingham draw in the other start-ups?

Dr. Sting

Veteran
Reaction score
Yes... LSU/Saints players are in Memphis' region. This is a very novel approach. Teams having a footprint for eligible players. I like that.

The players are signed to $250k 3/yr deals. $70k first year, $80k second year, and $100k for their 3rd year. They can also make "in-season" bonuses... and get this, some of those bonuses are based on if they are chosen in fantasy leagues... I don't know whether to LOL or WOW...

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/02/aaf-salary-alliance-of-american-football-money/
Not new actually. The AFL and the USFL both had territorial drafts.

SammyIsGod

Can he play safety? Yup!
Reaction score

I also heard on the San Diego sports radio station that the league's gambling app will have up to the second in game betting, so you can bet on things like will the qb complete his next pass, or will this field goal go in. And the players will receive a cut for the amount of times they are "bet on." Pretty crazy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom