AAF players (1 Viewer)

saintturk1

ultimate browser
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I am curious how the players were selected by the teams and how they will be selected going forward they all get paid the same amount, will there be a draft will there be in-season trades?

I found this, apparently the Memphis Express region consist of Saints and LSU

Attachments

• 626EFAED-34BC-477C-974C-B272EE2B507C.jpeg
    626EFAED-34BC-477C-974C-B272EE2B507C.jpeg
    267.3 KB · Views: 61
  • C0B6E9AE-BDA8-4465-BB68-BEAE16741EFA.png
    C0B6E9AE-BDA8-4465-BB68-BEAE16741EFA.png
    492.2 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Yes... LSU/Saints players are in Memphis' region. This is a very novel approach. Teams having a footprint for eligible players. I like that.

The players are signed to $250k 3/yr deals. $70k first year, $80k second year, and $100k for their 3rd year. They can also make "in-season" bonuses... and get this, some of those bonuses are based on if they are chosen in fantasy leagues... I don't know whether to LOL or WOW...

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/02/aaf-salary-alliance-of-american-football-money/

I think it is interesting that LSU is in Memphis area but not MSU which is decidedly closer. Not a complaint - just an interesting observation.
Ah, I just found out why. Birmingham. Does anyone think an Alabama/Auburn state will support pro ball? My first thought is USC/UCLA area and lack of long term support for NFL teams.

Ah, I just found out why. Birmingham. Does anyone think an Alabama/Auburn state will support pro ball? My first thought is USC/UCLA area and lack of long term support for NFL teams.

Football is a religion in the South. It’s not the same all over, people out west would argue they have more to do.

Yes... LSU/Saints players are in Memphis' region. This is a very novel approach. Teams having a footprint for eligible players. I like that.

The players are signed to $250k 3/yr deals. $70k first year, $80k second year, and $100k for their 3rd year. They can also make "in-season" bonuses... and get this, some of those bonuses are based on if they are chosen in fantasy leagues... I don't know whether to LOL or WOW...

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/02/aaf-salary-alliance-of-american-football-money/

Not new actually. The AFL and the USFL both had territorial drafts.

I also heard on the San Diego sports radio station that the league's gambling app will have up to the second in game betting, so you can bet on things like will the qb complete his next pass, or will this field goal go in. And the players will receive a cut for the amount of times they are "bet on." Pretty crazy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom