AAF- Week 2 (1 Viewer)

Every time they flashed to him on the sidelines, he was just standing there, glaring stolidly. I don't see much evidence of actual coaching. They seem to have some talent - enough to close that game out.

I don't know how someone gets past the "pulled his pants down at halftime to fire up his team" bullet point on the resumé and still hires him.

I was a little torn between which team I would follow since I live 2 1/2 hours from both Memphis and Birmingham. When I saw Singletary was the Head Coach....it made my choice easy. No confidence in his ability whatsoever. I just prefer coaches with something other than just motivation techniques. Too much of the Jason Garret/Mike Tomlin cheerleader qualities for me.

A lot of SSF members adopted the Express as their AAF team to pull for. Some noted the number of local players as their reason for doing so. But sadly they are now 0-2. :(
Hopefully Express fans won't have to wait 40+ years for a championship team. :hihi:

I know the Saints have their affiliation with Memphis, but personally I decided to go with Birmingham.

Entertaining game so far, including a forced fumble by former Saint Jayrone Elliott that was returned for a TD.

The Charles Johnson kid for Orlando is a beast. Decent speed, good hands, good feet, ball skills. Is there any way we bring him in for a look, or do other NFL teams have priority?

Soooo... does Atlanta have a road uniform? There is hardly any contrast between what they are wearing and the uniform of the Fleet.

Soooo... does Atlanta have a road uniform? There is hardly any contrast between what they are wearing and the uniform of the Fleet.
I thought the same. Except for the sleeves & socks of the Fleet, I would be confused. If I was watching this on a black & white TV, I'd have no clue.

Gwachum had his name called a few times in Arizona's game. So did Sterling Moore. Both ought to get in some team's camp come July, at the very least. Also, has Spurrier had a knee or hip replacement recently? Looked to be hobbling pretty bad when the camera was on him.

Spurrier is a just month or two off of back surgery. Pretty serious deal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom