AAFL...anyone know more about it. (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
From H-Town to SE LA/red n blue in the heart of bl
I was watching Fox Sports Net this afternoon and they were discussing a new football league starting up...AAFL (All American Football League). Its supposed to be for players who have graduated college and still want to play, but did not make cut for the NFL. They were making it sound like they are attempting to keep the players from a certian region to play in that region. Teams consist of Texas, Florida, Arkansas, Alabama, Michigan, Tennessee, etc. Anyone else hear anything about it?

Have not heard of it but it sounds interesting. The whole regional thing might get people to actually care about these teams and tune in unlike NFLE, XFL, etc. If they had a MS/LA team I'd definitely tune in and pull for them. Maybe we will finally have some football to ease the agonizingly long NFL and NCAA off season.

Draft is tomorrow at 11am. I'll be watching to see what players go where so I can pick a team to pull for based on players I like since there is no LA/MS team. Maybe on day there will be if the league is successful.

This is an interesting concept.
Your team is determined by the area you went to college, and the teams are made up of players who didn't make it in the NFL and players who are too old for it.
The likes of NC winning QB Chris Leak, former NFL reciever Peter Warrick are playing for the Florida team.
This one might actually take off.

I like the fact that it seems they're not trying to change anything as far as the rules go. I also like the fact that a lot of the players will be regional players, it'll be kind of like a Pro team but similar to college in the fact that a lot of players are local guys.

I'll be checking it out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom