Aaron Brooks!!! (1 Viewer)

firecouch

All-Pro
Reaction score
I remember the days when I thought Aaron Brooks would lead us to a championship...I was a teenager and I didn't know too much about the small nuisances of the game.

It wasn't until we got drew that I realized how terrible brooks was! When AB first came in I thought we had something special. He could have been but he didn't have the drive or work ethic.

Watching Drew play with us for 6 years now, I've gotten to the point where when he drops back I expect a completion. Thinking back to the AB days...ugh..you had no idea what was going to happen when that guy dropped back! It sure made for some excitement!

Since it's slow I thought it would be fun to bring up your favorite memory of AB (good or bad)

My favorite is from 2000. I think it was his 3rd or 4th start against the 9ers. He made a play where he eluded 3-4 defenders in the backfield and then fired a strike to "big play" Willie Jackson between two defenders. The announcer said something about him being like Houdini out there!

And that's where my 6 year roller coaster love affair started with AB!! That and when he said to get your popcorn ready!!!

I'm sure most of you will bring up the backwards pass! Which is warranted but honestly...what in the heck was a guard doing that far behind the line of scrimmage in the first place?!?!?

Brooks was the best QB we had seen since Hebert...so not saying much but still...we were all pretty excited that we finally had someone that could run and had a cannon for an arm. Unfortunately it didn't take defenses long to figure out that he was one dimensional.

Me too

After seeing that play. I thought Aaron would be in All-Pro. He actually had a pretty decent career when McCarthy was his offense of Cordinator. Once MacCarthy left he kind of went downhill from there. For a time he was a pretty good quarterback or at least he appeared like he would be a really good quarterback. He certainly had some outstanding moment no matter what you think of them.

a_brooks_i.jpg

Brooks was the best QB we had seen since Hebert...so not saying much but still...we were all pretty excited that we finally had someone that could run and had a cannon for an arm. Unfortunately it didn't take defenses long to figure out that he was one dimensional.

Try again.. Brooks was our best QB since Archie.. A lot of fans let ABs lack of intangibles change their view of him strictly as a QB.. He was a quality QB he just was a terrible leader of men and that's where the distinction needs to be made

Brooks was light years better than Hebert and most of the Fans treated him worse than Walsh.

The small nuisances of the game? I know what you mean. $9 beers and $7 nachos are definitely a nuisance. Opposing teams' fans who know nothing about football - total nuisance. If you're watching on TV, all those commercials are definitely a nuisance.

I remember the days when I thought Aaron Brooks would lead us to a championship...I was a teenager and I didn't know too much about the small nuisances of the game.

It wasn't until we got drew that I realized how terrible brooks was! When AB first came in I thought we had something special. He could have been but he didn't have the drive or work ethic.

Watching Drew play with us for 6 years now, I've gotten to the point where when he drops back I expect a completion. Thinking back to the AB days...ugh..you had no idea what was going to happen when that guy dropped back! It sure made for some excitement!

Since it's slow I thought it would be fun to bring up your favorite memory of AB (good or bad)

My favorite is from 2000. I think it was his 3rd or 4th start against the 9ers. He made a play where he eluded 3-4 defenders in the backfield and then fired a strike to "big play" Willie Jackson between two defenders. The announcer said something about him being like Houdini out there!

And that's where my 6 year roller coaster love affair started with AB!! That and when he said to get your popcorn ready!!!

I'm sure most of you will bring up the backwards pass! Which is warranted but honestly...what in the heck was a guard doing that far behind the line of scrimmage in the first place?!?!?

Why do you think Brooks didn't have the work ethic or drive to succeed?

What would make you say that?

I think Haslett's coaching staff did a terrible job as far as developing Brooks as a QB. When we first got Brooks the potential was very obvious. But he never evolved past that stage.

Try again.. Brooks was our best QB since Archie.. A lot of fans let ABs lack of intangibles change their view of him strictly as a QB.. He was a quality QB he just was a terrible leader of men and that's where the distinction needs to be made

im not even sure i would say that. i just think ab was too easy going. he seemed like a laid back guy that knew it was a game and he could make some money. cant fault a guy for that.

I was a huge AB fan back then too. Favorite play wise was probably the Willie Jackson catch you mentioned but there were quite a few where he made you think we had the beginnings of an elite QB on our hands.

The backwards pass was obviously boneheaded but what really bothered me was the smiles after picks. I know QB's need to have "short memories" but it just got tiring towards the end.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom