Aaron Brooks!!! (1 Viewer)

He's a better NBA player(Sarcasm)

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/SHIFLNWZBfA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/SHIFLNWZBfA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MxanEBhUmec" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

a_brooks_i.jpg
This was his look right after he threw an INT :covri: What a clown.

When Brooks dropped back and set his feet and had no pressure on him, he was one of the most accurate and best passers in all of football. But when he had pressure on him, that's when he would make mistakes. Someone above said it right about Brooks. Great quarterback, but terrible leader.

Wonder how many Delhomme/Carolina fans came back after 2006? I thought that was embarrassing and as fare weather as you can get.

Brooks was the best QB we had seen since Hebert...so not saying much but still...we were all pretty excited that we finally had someone that could run and had a cannon for an arm. Unfortunately it didn't take defenses long to figure out that he was one dimensional.

Try again.. Brooks was our best QB since Archie.. A lot of fans let ABs lack of intangibles change their view of him strictly as a QB.. He was a quality QB he just was a terrible leader of men and that's where the distinction needs to be made

technically, the best QB we had after hebert (who was tough as nails, was a great leader and was pretty good qb on a very vanilla, run dominated offense of carl smith) was jim everett.

brooks played a LOT of street ball with willie jackson on that playoff season after blake was injured. blake was on FIRE until then. they watered down the playbook and brooks did a lot on broken plays and kept plays alive with his feet/mobility and also had the luxury of good run game and playaction.

mccarthy, although we had some good offensive NUMBERS/STATS, was one of my least favorite coordinators. he was cocky and started to think that his schemes were bigger than the game itself. the language he had was so intensive, they finally had to water it down in his last season due to the verbage being so heavy, brooks couldn't get the plays called in time. also, remember the failed "2 TE set, no FB"??

there was a lot of "company lines" being thrown out there by the players such as horn, deuce and brooks about "execution". mccarthy basically thought that his scheme was flawless and any player in his system would be productive if they "executed" properly. well, that wasn't the case. he tried to make brooks a pocket passer and didn't work anything to his skills. how may times on 3rd and long did you see horn get punished to make the conversion across the middle or deuce run hard for what should have been a loss on a draw play on 3rd and 7.

mccarthy became a better coach and learned from his mistakes after his stint with the 49ers. but, with us, although we had some success, i NEVER liked mccarthy's play calling.

brooks, IMHO, was never utilized properly. i don't think he ever fully absorbed the system. i dont think he was really even given the chance to shoulder the offense as a leader, that was sort of dominated by mccarthy, as well. HE thought he was the offense.

brooks was never going to be vick or montana, but he never was really allowed to be aaron brooks, either, after that first season.

im not even sure i would say that. i just think ab was too easy going. he seemed like a laid back guy that knew it was a game and he could make some money. cant fault a guy for that.

Which is kind of what im saying.. some people are born leaders and some would rather stay out of the spotlight.. Its not a knock on Brooks, he can only play the hand he's dealt personality wise but if there were a reason why he never reached his full potential, that would be why..

All I remember was him throwing a forward pass that went backward...no one hit him he just threw it and it literally went straight back...an it tore me up because when the camera cut to him he was just laughing

If you knew nothing about Saints history and you just looked at all of our QB stats before Brees, his stats would be relatively impressive. Very impressive. But if you watched him play and experienced the pure frustration that came with watching him, well he wasn't awesome most of the time.

Best AB memories, obviously the first playoff win and the River City Relay. Even after all these years, Carney :jpshakehead:

Brooks is still top 3 for all time Saints qb's. He was not elite in the end but he was plenty talented and made some great plays. He also managed to sweep the super bowl champ Tampa 2 defense.

His reactions to adversity were not what fans were looking for and it got ugly. I have never been more ashamed to be a Saints fan in the dome during that time. It was far more offensive than a misunderstood smile after an on field mistake.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Brooks is still top 3 for all time Saints qb's. He was not elite in the end but he was plenty talented and made some great plays. He also managed to sweep the super bowl champ Tampa 2 defense.

His reactions to adversity were not what fans were looking for and it got ugly. I have never been more ashamed to be a Saints fan in the dome during that time. It was far more offensive than a misunderstood smile after an on field mistake.Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I remember something during that time but have forgotten. what did AB say or do that put the nail in the coffin for him here in Nola?

Brooks had Amazing Talent, but between the ears not so much, and his consistency was awful. He would "wow" you with his arm, then "OH" you with his brain farts. He just never improved to what he could have been with that arm talent, it's also why when we hired drew, the page ad in the paper and his ALL IN attitude was great for the team the city and the fans.

technically, the best QB we had after hebert (who was tough as nails, was a great leader and was pretty good qb on a very vanilla, run dominated offense of carl smith) was jim everett.

brooks played a LOT of street ball with willie jackson on that playoff season after blake was injured. blake was on FIRE until then. they watered down the playbook and brooks did a lot on broken plays and kept plays alive with his feet/mobility and also had the luxury of good run game and playaction.

mccarthy, although we had some good offensive NUMBERS/STATS, was one of my least favorite coordinators. he was cocky and started to think that his schemes were bigger than the game itself. the language he had was so intensive, they finally had to water it down in his last season due to the verbage being so heavy, brooks couldn't get the plays called in time. also, remember the failed "2 TE set, no FB"??

there was a lot of "company lines" being thrown out there by the players such as horn, deuce and brooks about "execution". mccarthy basically thought that his scheme was flawless and any player in his system would be productive if they "executed" properly. well, that wasn't the case. he tried to make brooks a pocket passer and didn't work anything to his skills. how may times on 3rd and long did you see horn get punished to make the conversion across the middle or deuce run hard for what should have been a loss on a draw play on 3rd and 7.

mccarthy became a better coach and learned from his mistakes after his stint with the 49ers. but, with us, although we had some success, i NEVER liked mccarthy's play calling.

brooks, IMHO, was never utilized properly. i don't think he ever fully absorbed the system. i dont think he was really even given the chance to shoulder the offense as a leader, that was sort of dominated by mccarthy, as well. HE thought he was the offense.

brooks was never going to be vick or montana, but he never was really allowed to be aaron brooks, either, after that first season.

To be quite honest, our offense should be the last thing shouldering any kind of blame those years.. sure they were inconsistent at times but had we had anything that even resembled a professional defense I think AB and that offense gets a much better rep.. they basically carried Jim Hassletts entire head coaching career for the Saints

Brooks on 3rd and 7+ was money. It was a given they would convert. I enjoyed his years as our QB till 2005 of course. Drew taught me what it's like to have a complete QB and a winner though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom