Aaron Glenn (1 Viewer)

Only reason I'm not putting this on Allen is because people were in position, but the ball skills aren't there, which is on Glenn. Lattimore was getting roasted and Robinson actually played well to me outside of biting on that outside route. Jenkins has to catch that easy one, that's on him. As far a Williams, just find any post on Williams on this board, that crap he does wrong hasn't changed. He is not interested in finding the ball even if it is on his back. After what Diggs did to him, he refuses to take his eye off of the wrs, which is an advantage to them.

I don't understand why people who've been playing a position for years still needs a coach to tell them what to do. I've never understood that about football (or any sport). Why do they need constant reminders of how to play well? Practicing all those days. And still get it wrong. In what other profession would that be ok lol.

#ThingsIwillNeverUnderstand

P.S. The Saints won! 🎉

I don't understand why people who've been playing a position for years still needs a coach to tell them what to do. I've never understood that about football (or any sport). Why do they need constant reminders of how to play well? Practicing all those days. And still get it wrong. In what other profession would that be ok lol.

P.S. The Saints won! 🎉
Its called scheme. Scheme can often leave good players in bad position. Like if a guys is great in zone but is slow ,and you decide to play him 1 on 1 in man and he gets roasted all game as players fly past him. Dennis Allen schemes are ineffective because Glenn isn't coaching them on how to play the scheme correctly. Williams is prime example. a good coach would make sure he was in the right position to play the ball in the air.

Last edited:
To me, when you compare how much crap Vitt/Johnson got here compared to the talent they had, I’m surprised Glenn doesn’t have a 500 page thread weekly.

The draft resources, guys we’ve traded for, and amount of guys that have clearly gotten worse should be a huge indictment considering past standards.

You could argue that CGJ is headed down the same road. Players look good as rookies and start falling off.
But is he in the right position for him. He has been a bit ghost. Don't understand it other than they are giving him too much too do. Would love to see another DC w/ this defensive squad, think things would turn around for sure.

Not certain until some people review the all22, but Robinson's body language after the score, and his actions during the play look to me like,

...he sat down in the zone, and cut a look and saw 43 wasn't over the top (wrong zone again), and took off after the receiver...

Just mho... i could be wrong

P.S. The Saints won! 🎉

Position coaches are the guys who spend the most time coaching at practice on the field and in the film room. They're the ones teaching technique and correcting what players are not doing well. They're the ones really breaking down the scheme and concepts for the players to learn.

A great example is going from Bill Johnson to Ryan Nielsen. Look at this article and this quote from Sheldon Rankins: https://www.nola.com/article_5e2583b1-ad46-5c99-b940-8abfc7520e1d.html

“We still worked on fundamentals and different things like that,” defensive tackle Sheldon Rankins said. “We definitely didn’t work on pass rush as much. It was kind of one of those things where you had to teach each other, so to speak.”

Cam Jordan made two Pro Bowls in six years under Bill Johnson.

In Nielsen's three years here, Cam Jordan's made the All Pro team all three years and the Pro Bowl all three years.

Position coaches are critical and play a huge role in a team's success and failure.

P.S. The Saints won! 🎉

Because in real football Play calling matters , how you coach and motivate your players matter . Putting your players in the best position matters, In a Young secondary teaching technique matters

It’s crazy you would say this when
D.Breaux
K.Crawley
E.Apple
All balled year one regressed in later years under DA

Lattimore
Williams
PJ Williams
All balled and have regressed under DA

M.Jenkins
R.Harper
K. Vaccaro

All left and basically had career or pro bowl Years

So at what point exactly do you need to understand it’s the coaching I just named 10 players and I’m sure it’s some I’ve missed.

Only reason I'm not putting this on Allen is because people were in position, but the ball skills aren't there, which is on Glenn. Lattimore was getting roasted and Robinson actually played well to me outside of biting on that outside route. Jenkins has to catch that easy one, that's on him. As far a Williams, just find any post on Williams on this board, that crap he does wrong hasn't changed. He is not interested in finding the ball even if it is on his back. After what Diggs did to him, he refuses to take his eye off of the wrs, which is an advantage to them.
After a time when you think your defense works/scheme has people where they need to be but they can’t make the play then you have put a better player into that position to actually make the play.

Nobody in the secondary knows how to turn their heads to find the ball. How does Robinson and Jenkins go from being All Pro in Philly to All Poop in New Orleans? Everyone regresses here in the secondary. Pathetic.

I got it. The same water that makes the poboy bread so good must have a detrimental affect on DBs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom