Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson Are a Pipe Dream (1 Viewer)

Wilson is going to get killed behind that O.line before the season is overwith at this rate.

Even when he was at Wisconsin, because this has been a knock on him since college. You can talk about his offensive line but the fact that he holds on to the ball too long, putting extra work on his O-line, because he won't take or can't see the quick pass has been a knock on him too. There is plenty video that shows this.

Kurt Warner talked about this in the video I posted and what was pointed out on that video was the same thing that was on display last night. Different year, different OC, same issue.
Even when he was at Wisconsin, because this has been a knock on him since college. You can talk about his offensive line but the fact that he holds on to the ball too long, putting extra work on his O-line, because he won't take or can't see the quick pass has been a knock on him too. There is plenty video that shows this.

Kurt Warner talked about this in the video I posted and what was pointed out on that video was the same thing that was on display last night. Different year, different OC, same issue.
So you’re blaming RW for being the most sacked QB in the NFL over the past 10 years? Ok, so his O-line gets a pass huh?

A bunch of people keep referencing how long he holds onto the ball or post breakdowns of when RW missed an open read. For the record you can dissect any NFL QB and find errors they make during the game, nobody’s perfect.

With that said, Russ WINS games. He is only behind Brady in wins over the past decade. Not bad for a guy that holds on to the ball to long.

Not sure I’m as high on Wilson as I once was. Looks likes he’s regressed a bit.

We are not trading for Russell Wilson, thats a pipe dream.
Thru 7 games Russell Wilson has 10 TDs to 3 int RW 4-8 and he had receivers to throw to.
Thru 7 games Jameis Winston has 14 TDs to 3 int JW 5-2
Ummm, that stat line is what and what. If JW played behind Seattle’s O-line he’d have 3 TDs and 14 INTs.

I’m sorry but anyone who thinks that JW or TH7 are better QBs than Russ is just delusional. None of us really know what we’ll do at the QB position next year so we’ll just have to wait and see but it is fun to speculate and it’s not harming anyone. To be clear I’m a fan of both JW and TH7 and want them to succeed because they wear the Black and Gold but I do believe they’re a few QBs that would be an upgrade over those two.

Last edited:
I’m sorry but anyone who thinks that JW or TH7 are better QBs than Russ is just delusional.
But that isn't (or at least shouldn't be) the measure of which QB would be better on this team. Instead, it is not at all delusional to say that Jameis + (*any 3 starters) + (*3 #1 draft choices) is better than Russ + negative salary impact because that is the reality of the situation.

It simply isn't Russ vs Jameis, its the full impact of the trade that needs to be considered. And, imo, that's a no-brainer.

*[using Houston's asking compensation for Watson since we don't know what Seattle's would be asking]

But that isn't (or at least shouldn't be) the measure of which QB would be better on this team. Instead, it is not at all delusional to say that Jameis + (any 3 starters) + (3 #1 draft choices) is better than Russ + negative salary impact [using Houston's asking compensation for Watson] because that is the reality of the situation.

It simply isn't Russ vs Jameis, its the full impact of the trade that needs to be considered. And, imo, that's a no-brainer.
I hear ya. We’ll just have to wait and see.

So you’re blaming RW for being the most sacked QB in the NFL over the past 10 years? Ok, so his O-line gets a pass huh?

A bunch of people keep referencing how long he holds onto the ball or post breakdowns of when RW missed an open read. For the record you can dissect any NFL QB and find errors they make during the game, nobody’s perfect.

With that said, Russ WINS games. He is only behind Brady in wins over the past decade. Not bad for a guy that holds on to the ball to long.

Russell Wilson is just as responsible for a lot of his sacks as much as his offensive line. Plenty video shows that instead of stepping up in the pocket to hit the open receiver underneath, he will spin out of the pocket to try and scramble. He hold on to the ball too long because he is looking for the big play. Everyone was like "let's Russ cook." You know what got him out the kitchen? Two high safety...lol.

And trust me, this board should know all to well about dissenting QB play, considering the nitpicking of Jameis games in this system. Look at the quote that I got from PHSaint post. If those are the criticism that we have towards Jameis, do we give Russ that same energy when those same criticism have been tied to him since coming into the league. (well, honestly, since they made him "the team")

And again, this isn't me bashing Russ. But all everyone is saying is "OMG, Russ is so much better." But in what way would he be better for THIS team?

And Russ doesn't win games. The Seahawks do. How many games did they win on the back of their defense? How many plays were saved because a ridiculous catch from ADB (one of my favorite receivers in recent memory)? Offensively, they were still a pretty good team even though the defense began to get worse.

Ummm, that stat line is what and what. If JW played behind Seattle’s O-line he’d have 3 TDs and 14 INTs.

I’m sorry but anyone who thinks that JW or TH7 are better QBs than Russ is just delusional. None of us really know what we’ll do at the QB position next year so we’ll just have to wait and see but it is fun to speculate and it’s not harming anyone. To be clear I’m a fan of both JW and TH7 and want them to succeed because they wear the Black and Gold but I do believe they’re a few QBs that would be an upgrade over those two.
But, are they 3 #1 draft choices and 35 mill a year better.............No!!!!

Who would protect him and who would he throw to? I'm genuinely curious. Prevailing rumor is three firsts and a marquee player. Which marquee players do we have that Seattle could want? Ramczyk, Kamara, or Lattimore. To me, those are the indispensable players. As is stands right now, we have practice squad players at WR and TE. Those would be easy to shore up with draft picks. Not so easy when the team is constantly against the cap and you have to get free agents.
You’re being dramatic. Practice squad? Come on now buddy. They may not be #1-2 guys, but Smith, Callaway, and Harris have some ability. A good QB would elevate their play. CGM will very likely be back next year. That leaves perhaps a #2 WR and an upgrade at TE. It’s not insurmountable. The OL going into the year was widely regarded as a top 3 unit. It has some ability and either Rodgers or Wilson have been playing with lesser OL their entire careers.

Yeah I have seen posters saying Russell sucks and are using the current games as a measuring stick. They also believe he is 100 %

They are wrong on both accounts. Stevie Wonder can see the hand is not 100 % and it's affecting his throws. The man just didn't forget how to throw a football overnight . It's almost comical the judgement some fans rush to

Now whether he is the right fit for the Saints, a pipe dream, or costs too much that's a completely different story. But don't feed me this bs that he sucks and can't throw a football and that he is 100 %

RW doesn't suck and is probably not 100%, but he is 33 years old and has a lot of wear and tear on him (mostly because Seattle's oline has sucked for a long time, if Carrol gets fired it will be for the same reason Ron Rivera got the axe, failure to build a decent oline).

But, the assumption that he will stay 100% for an extended period is a risk unto itself and to me that risk is not worth mortgaging the future. I would much rather take my chances with a healthy 27 year old JW (hopefully the knee rehab goes well) for a few years....

RW doesn't suck and is probably not 100%, but he is 33 years old and has a lot of wear and tear on him (mostly because Seattle's oline has sucked for a long time, if Carrol gets fired it will be for the same reason Ron Rivera got the axe, failure to build a decent oline).

But, the assumption that he will stay 100% for an extended period is a risk unto itself and to me that risk is not worth mortgaging the future. I would much rather take my chances with a healthy 27 year old JW (hopefully the knee rehab goes well) for a few years....
Well that falls under the category of questioning the fit at his age for our team, which I just said was a completely different story than questioning if he can throw a football and pretending like he is 100 % healthy

I keep reading that the Saints will pursue Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson in the 2022 offseason. Someone needs to explain to me how this would be possible. This is my reasoning--and if I wrong, please correct me:

1. Both Rodgers and Wilson are under contract. A team hoping to acquire either player will have to make a trade, giving up draft picks or players of value. The Saints cannot afford to give up high draft picks.

2. Neither player will take a pay reduction. How do the Saints fit either player under our salary cap given our present cap position? And were we to somehow do it, how many players would be lose because we could not afford to sign our own players or free agents with other teams?

3. Even assuming a healthy Michael Thomas, the Saints still have a below-average group of wide receivers and tight ends--especially if we have to trade away high draft picks. Are the Saints really a desirable team for either--in particular, for Rodgers who can return to a Packers team that will not be trading away draft picks to get a quarterback?

4. Why would Green Bay and Seattle make a trade with an NFC team? I would think any trade would be with an AFC team like Denver, Cleveland, or Pittsburgh.

I get that Sean Payton probably wants to win now and that what Sean wants, Seans normally gets. But it seems the salary cap consequences would be brutal. And the Saints' offense needs much more than a quarterback, even one like Rodgers.
Too many personal, baseless interjections to your message. (IE; The Saints cannot afford to give up high draft picks.). This is the only example in your entire post, I will refer to. Not going to get into the others. But you get my point. There are many ways teams can come to an agreement with a trade, where “high draft picks” are a concern. You do not know.

We need a QB in the worst way. Bring on #4 D. WATSON. Young and he is hungry after sitting a whole year. Saints will be good for at least 10years at QB.

Rogers a possibilty. Hes 38 and there gas to be something done with that contract. He has leverage can say cut me and refuse any restructure be like a 46 mil cap hit next year.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211202-223608_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211202-223608_Chrome.jpg
    590.2 KB · Views: 1

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom