Aaron Rodgers on lack of Superdome noise after beating Saints: 'Definitely helps us out' (1 Viewer)

In competitive spirit, they need to not allow fans for the rest of the season for all teams. If you are a good team you win with or without crowd noise. They need to make this as even for a full season.

In competitive spirit, they need to not allow fans for the rest of the season for all teams. If you are a good team you win with or without crowd noise. They need to make this as even for a full season.
This is an asterisk season. There's nothing about this season that is real NFL football.
Few teams are really ready to play and most players are just working on a check.
Yeah, I'd like the Saints to win some games, but it really doesn't matter this year.
This season is simply to fulfill the TV contracts. :(

This is an asterisk season. There's nothing about this season that is real NFL football.
Few teams are really ready to play and most players are just working on a check.
Yeah, I'd like the Saints to win some games, but it really doesn't matter this year.
This season is simply to fulfill the TV contracts. :(
Would you be saying the same thing if the Saints were 3-0?
Every team is playing under the same conditions, if the NFL gets to play a full 16 game schedule I don’t see how there will be an asterisk.

Every team is playing under the same conditions, if the NFL gets to play a full 16 game schedule I don’t see how there will be an asterisk.
Empty (or semi empty) stadiums are not the real NFL experience, nor is a season without the usual offseason preparation. Whatever the records, no one can honestly say this season is business as usual.

Isn't there a disparity already - aren't some teams allowing more fans in the stands than the others?

And... OF COURSE:

https://kfgo.com/2020/09/26/bucs-plan-to-admit-more-fans-after-governors-order/

Empty (or semi empty) stadiums are not the real NFL experience, nor is a season without the usual offseason preparation. Whatever the records, no one can honestly say this season is business as usual.

I agree that it is an unusual season but in this case all teams are on an even playing field. This isn't a case like say the '05 season where the Saints were in a totally different situation than the other 31 teams. As far as I know they didn't put an asterick next to the champions of the '82 strike shortened season or the '87 season where everyone played one less game and some of those games with replacement players. For all intents and purposes this is a "real" NFL season barring any unforseen circumstances happening which could very easily happen with the unknown that surrounds this virus. The most disappointing thing about this season so far is that the Saints were supposed to be the team that was built for this type of situation with the continuity among players and coaches. Instead we look even more clueless than the other teams. But its a long season so we will see what happens. Even Collinsworth made the comment last night that the two teams on the field last night were probably the 2 best teams in the NFC.

Cowboys and Chiefs had fans and it seemed to make a difference.

Despite the fact that some teams have a quarter of their fans, fans just aren’t a factor anywhere in the NFL this year. They are all neutral fields for all practical purposes. So this isn’t an excuse for anyone, they are all at the same advantage/disadvantage.

Despite the fact that some teams have a quarter of their fans, fans just aren’t a factor anywhere in the NFL this year. They are all neutral fields for all practical purposes. So this isn’t an excuse for anyone, they are all at the same advantage/disadvantage.
That first KC home game seemed loud

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom