Aaron Rodgers (speculation about future) (1 Viewer)

I could see Rodgers signing with the Bears as a FA... wanting to stay in the NFCN to prove to the Packers brass that they made a huge mistake. I can't imagine him in black and gold.

Bored...but how incredible would it be for us to land him for his final years with GB making the surprising early pick of Love? Apologies if this has already been speculated upon.

I asked that question before last season and the flame throwers came out - lol. If he is a real head case, SP would never bring him on the team. But if SP thought he could work with Rodgers, how freaking lethal would the offense be with the time he buys and his arm to take the top off defenses. That would be amazing to watch

But with the virus, there are so many unknowns that I may be the starting QB by season end ;-)

I am probably in the minority, but I think he's a total prick... and I would rather suck than have him leading my franchise... but that's just me.

Don't think you are alone at all. At least to the reporters, he acts like a flaming a******

But if SP thought he could work with Rodgers, how freaking lethal would the offense be with the time he buys and his arm to take the top off defenses. That would be amazing to watch.
Probably pretty good...but we've been spoiled by watching a better QB for the last 15 years, so it would be a little bit of a letdown. A fair share of splash plays, a completed Hail Mary here and there...and a lot of sacks and stalled drives because Michael Thomas wasn't "open enough" to warrant a safe throw, and accuracy/ball placement isn't necessarily an Aaron Rodgers specialty.

Dak is only the 3rd QB to play under the franchise tag. The other two were Drew with the Chargers and Cousins with the Redskins. He's gone.
Fair enough, although two data points don't make an immutable rule.

Last edited:
Fair enough, although two data points don't make an immutable rule.

It’s a lot more than two. Over 27 years every quarterback who has re-signed with their team has done so before they have to play under a franchise tag.

It’s a lot more than two. Over 27 years every quarterback who has re-signed with their team has done so before they have to play under a franchise tag.
I'm aware. That doesn't really change the facts of the matter. Both Brees and Cousins, and Cassel as well, were deemed expendable by their franchising teams. That's the more significant factor.

But still, if you want to buy into the endless Dallas drama being peddled by ESPN and their ilk, be my guest. Your speculation is your business. Whether we agree with you is ours.

I'm aware. That doesn't really change the facts of the matter. Both Brees and Cousins, and Cassel as well, were deemed expendable by their franchising teams. That's the more significant factor.

But still, if you want to buy into the endless Dallas drama being peddled by ESPN and their ilk, be my guest. Your speculation is your business. Whether we agree with you is ours.

Cassel doesn’t fit with Brees and Cousins. He never played under the franchise tag for the team that tagged him. He was franchised and traded. The patriots never would’ve paid him that much.

Cassel doesn’t fit with Brees and Cousins. He never played under the franchise tag for the team that tagged him. He was franchised and traded. The patriots never would’ve paid him that much.
Again, I'm aware of this. I actually thought, if anything, Cassel added weight to your proposition, given he
was tagged, didn't negotiate a long term deal with the franchising team and promptly moved on.

In my corner, it's again useful to consider the context of why they moved on, rather than just saying '100% of tagged QBs have left after playing under the tag, therefore it will always be the case going forward'. But again, it's all a minor point within the entirely speculative topic of where Rodgers might end up. If we don't agree, what does it actually matter?

they can't get rid of him until after 2021, or the cap hit would be astronamical.

The cap hit is already astronomical. They save 4.7 mil if they cut him next year. 2021 is the ideal time when they save 22 mil. But I could see him wanting out next year.

When is the last time a team spent a 1st round pick on a quarterback and he sat for 2 years? It just doesn't happen anymore.

With a $35 million/year (maybe) Dak Prescott? Only way they sign Rodgers is if Dak waves bye-bye.

Yeah if you read the entire thread you'll see I don't believe Dak signs long term in Dallas but as someone pointed out Rodgers relationship with McCarthy may prevent him from going there. It's a move I could see Jerry wanting to make though in his win now mindset.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom