Aaron Stecker and David Patten (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Okay guys, have any of you heard any news about these two guys? Are we trying to resign them? Do we want or need to resign them?

I read that the Bucs have interest in Stecker. I think he would be good to have on the team, but not at a big payday. Pierre Thomas has shown that he is very capable of being the #3 (or better) back in our system. He has talent and will only get better with more playing time.

Chime in with your thoughts or any news on these guys.

I am pretty sure Stecker is gone. I wonder why we haven't resigned Patten, however, unless he wants more money than he deserves. I think he is a solid veteran presence, and I hope he returns for a decent price.

I think Patten is still a good posibility. He was a great addition to the team from the outside looking in.

However, I think Stecker will find a better deal with more playing time somewhere else. I could be wrong but I don't think the Saints are in his future.

Honestly, I am not sure about Stecker. Concerning Patten, I think we wait and see how free agency plays out. Maybe we are targeting someone and waiting for the market settle. If we can't get who we want, we resign Patten to another 1 year deal. I would like to make a run at DJ Hackett or Bryant Johnson from Arizona. Hackett is very much like Bobby Ingram. Hasselback loves him and absolutely does not want to lose him. I think Drew would feel the same way. Johnson has been behind Fitzgerald and Boldin, but when called upon has been very consistant and shown great potentential.

Patten deserves a deal. We also have a desperate need for WRs.
I can't get the thought out of the back of my mind that letting Devery and Patten walk might possibly mean we hear a WR's name called early in the draft by the Saints

Thanks for the memories.

Honestly, I think we may be letting them walk, we been pretty assertive in resigning our own guys and besides from Smith, Colston and Evans none of the guys we resigned had big contracts, just 2-4yr deals, if we wanted Stecker or Henderson back, I think we would of made them offers already....but its still early, we haven't made offers to Patton and Johnson either.

I would like Patten to come back along with Steve Gleason. I wouldn't mind watching Stecker walk. He had a good run in New Orleans, but with Deuce, Reggie, PT, Jammal Branch and Chris Barclay, that's already 5 guys. Who knows, we may even draft a RB

Patten deserves a deal.

I agree with the cavaet a reasonable deal - say shorter version of what Copper got. If he's asking for a multi year deal with a hefty signing bonus.....let him keep looking. I like Patten but at his age and with injury history signing him to anything more a year is a risk.....

I would like Patten to come back along with Steve Gleason.

I thank Gleason for his time here and big ST plays but I have no interest in bringing him back. He's already been replaced by the younger, cheaper, healthier Chris Reis. Everyone here was cautious about signing Vilma just because of the rumor (proven untrue) he had microfracture knee surgery. Gleason DID HAVE microfracture knee surgery.......

I personally don't have an issue with letting Patten walk. He played well but he did have some ball security issues at a few crucial moments. I would like to see Stecker return but not for the big pay day. No RB's are getting big money right now.

IMO, Stecker is gone. I think that Patten's deal (as well as Colston, BTW), when we are done with free agency and possibly the draft. They FO is waiting to see how the numbers/cap fall with FA to see how they need to structure these guy's contracts to fit within what we have to work with.

Patten deserves a deal. We also have a desperate need for WRs.
I can't get the thought out of the back of my mind that letting Devery and Patten walk might possibly mean we hear a WR's name called early in the draft by the Saints

Oh, not again. I'm still waiting for last year's pick to get in uniform, much less see the field.

I thank Gleason for his time here and big ST plays but I have no interest in bringing him back. He's already been replaced by the younger, cheaper, healthier Chris Reis. Everyone here was cautious about signing Vilma just because of the rumor (proven untrue) he had microfracture knee surgery. Gleason DID HAVE microfracture knee surgery.......

eh I love Reis. I just think ST will be a little lacking without Stecker on coverage. Reis is a bonafide safety as well. I think he takes J Bellamy's roster spot.

I agree that he will more than likely not be here in 08/09

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom