ABC Facebook debate discussion (1 Viewer)

Edwards really came off as the Robin to Obama's Batman. Obama was the only person on the stage that seemed Presidential and gave substantive answers to every question. He was able to attack without coming of petty like Hillary. He was able to talk about change without coming off cheesy like Edwards. He was able to talk about foreign policy without seeming like he was name dropping like Richardson.

That's a good assessment.

When not limited to sound bites and given time to articulate his vision he's really, really good. If his toughness matches his intelligence then he’s got a legitimate shot at going all the way.

Although it's difficult to imagine the Clinton machine failing.

Last edited:
Romney thinks he is being slick but he never answers a question and is so full of **** it pains me. He is just another sleezy politician that will say anything to get elected. IMO he is the Republican version of Hillary.

I also liked the format of the debate but think it would be better if they put the "free time" at the end of the debate instead of the beginning because it was frustrating watching the candidates ignore the moderation. It was kind of like giving a kid candy then trying to take it away.

I knew the mud would fly with Hillary backed into the corner. I think it is pretty clear that Obama wins the nomination in a landslide and Edwards may have played himself into a high spot with Obama, maybe even a VP spot. An Obama/Edwards ticket would be all but a free ride into the white house.

On the Republican side I can't get excited about anyone besides Paul. I like a lot of what Huckabee says but he has a very shady past, I don't trust anyone in politics that uses religion as a badge. Rudy actually came off well and avoided attacks but only because he isn't on the radar right now. The open forum was like dropping a sheep in with wolves for Ron Paul. Even though I all but worship the guy and love that he is very kind I wish he would get his hands dirty but it just isn't his style. McCain sounds good but when you look at his proposals most of them would never work and too much like Bush in foreign policy. Plus he has no shot to win if he got the nomination.

It really pains me to see the economy, dollar and fiscal policies being danced around by both sides. The only person in the election that will address the dollar is Ron Paul.

Ron Paul should do well in NH, SC and Michigan but he is still a long way from winning the nomination and I don't know if he can gain much more ground without getting dirty. The one thing the media will not ignore is attack ads and most people in the country still have no idea who he is or what he stands for. There is no way to understand what he is saying in one minute sound bites. He should have nailed McCain to the wall on his 100 years in Iraq statement and he should have put more pressure on the other candidates to talk about the dollar.

Everyone tried to attack Ron Paul because they are afraid of him getting known across the country,

I knew the mud would fly with Hillary backed into the corner. I think it is pretty clear that Obama wins the nomination in a landslide and Edwards may have played himself into a high spot with Obama, maybe even a VP spot. An Obama/Edwards ticket would be all but a free ride into the white house.

I think Obama (who will win the nomination, IMO) would be better off with Biden as his running mate (if Biden is even interested, which is not a guarantee). Biden's experience and knowledge of foreign policy is well-established and would compliment him well.

Last edited:
I think Obama (who will win the nomination, IMO) would be better off with Biden as his running mate (if Biden is even interested, which is not a guarantee). Biden's experience and knowledge of foreign policy is well-established and would compliment him well.

I think Obama would be well served by Biden as VP from a practical standpoint. Biden has an amazingly strong grasp on foreign policy and would be a strong right hand for a President Obama.

From a political standpoint I'm not so sure. Biden just isn't very likeable and would work as a counter balance to Obama's charisma which is really his best asset. He would probably be better served with Sec. of State Biden and go with someone a bit more personable as his running mate. Edwards I think would be good for him. I would love to see Obama run with a strong foreign policy running mate but sadly I can't think of anyone who would serve that purpose and be an asset on the campaign trail.

BTW, my darkhorse VP candidate for Obama nobody is mentioning is Russ Feingold. He's likeable and has that maverick image. He's an amazing fundraiser and is viewed by many as being anti Washington establishment thanks to McCain - Feingold. Also, he has something like 15 years experience on the Foreign Relations Committee which lends some foreign policy chops to the ticket.

If Obama isn't considering him yet he should be.

BTW, my darkhorse VP candidate for Obama nobody is mentioning is Russ Feingold. He's likeable and has that maverick image. He's an amazing fundraiser and is viewed by many as being anti Washington establishment thanks to McCain - Feingold. Also, he has something like 15 years experience on the Foreign Relations Committee which lends some foreign policy chops to the ticket.

If Obama isn't considering him yet he should be.

Anyone but Edwards. I just see a big talking head lawyer everytime he speaks.

Huckabee has no chance of winning NH, but gave the best performance as usual. The fight between Paul and almost everyone else was both entertaining and frightening.

I agree with you about it being frightening. Dr. Paul is a respectable man with a long history of public service. They were all acting like little punks. As bclemms said all of them lost a lot of my respect.

I also vehemently hate John McCain. He looked like an idiot tonight, and a snake. The whole Fox forum tomorrow, and Ron Paul being excluded, and the New Hampshire GOP pulling its support for the forum: McCain said, " We'll miss you tomorrow night Ron." Fox is censoring the republican nomination by excluding someone who placed higher than Guillani. He is just a ******* acting like a little kid up there. Did anybody else think this?
Look at the end of this video you can hear McCain slip this in. What a ..... !

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sNP6IrkxAwU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sNP6IrkxAwU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Last edited:
I just saw the video on another forum. Pretty lame by McCain.

Paul made a dumb comment there. Terrorists have attacked quite a few other countries besides the U.S.

The comment was dumb and Giuliani played it well. Then Giuliani went on to list a bunch of terror attacks against the US that happened before the war. Paul should have jumped back in here and confirmed that each of these events happened after the US put a military base in the Middle East. He should have asked Rudy how many terrorist attacks happened before the first base was installed and the US got involved with middle east politics.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom