Abram Smith (XFL Defenders @ Battlehawks 2023 week 5) (1 Viewer)

NatureBoy

16x World Champion
Reaction score
Watching the DC Defenders spank the St Louis Battlehawks and just realized former Saint Abram Smith is the RB for DC. He has about 200 yards rushing and 3 TDs. Has looked great today. Yeah, I know it’s against XFL talent.

Looks like close to 50k showed up to see the game in STL today.

Watching the DC Defenders spank the St Louis Battlehawks and just realized former Saint Abram Smith is the RB for DC. He has about 200 yards rushing and 3 TDs. Has looked great today. Yeah, I know it’s against XFL talent.

Looks like close to 50k showed up to see the game in STL today.

200+ yards is incredible. However, 50k in the seats is the MVP!

Seems the number was close to 39k. Still awesome.

I know it's XFL, but you can bet a few of these guys will be brought into some NFL camps this summer. Smith is likely to be one of them along with Jontre Kirklin, who I believe is still the leading receiver in the XFL despite being knocked out of Thursday's game, and I would guess a couple of the QBs. Will any of them make a team? We'll see, but now and then a "minor league" player does make the jump and succeed. After all, Warren moon played CFL for several years before finally getting picked up, and while he is decidedly an exception to the rule, he certainly isn't the only example of someone who had success after playing in a lesser league.
Kirklin's from Lutcher, so... :hmm:

I know it's XFL, but you can bet a few of these guys will be brought into some NFL camps this summer. Smith is likely to be one of them along with Jontre Kirklin, who I believe is still the leading receiver in the XFL despite being knocked out of Thursday's game, and I would guess a couple of the QBs. Will any of them make a team? We'll see, but now and then a "minor league" player does make the jump and succeed. After all, Warren moon played CFL for several years before finally getting picked up, and while he is decidedly an exception to the rule, he certainly isn't the only example of someone who had success after playing in a lesser league.
Kirklin's from Lutcher, so... :hmm:
Cody Lattimer is using the XFL as a 2nd chance opportunity. He has had some off field issues, I think I remember hearing he’s sober now and wanting to make things right for his family. He’s been very good and seems to be getting better every week. He’s a 6-3 220 lb WR with NFL experience and a few flashes. His major draw back at this point (besides any lack of trust teams might have) would be that he’s 30 years old. Otherwise, I think he’s be a solid 5th WR at worst, with the ability to contribute in a pinch.

The RB for Seattle (Ellison) runs violently. When healthy, he looks like the XFL’s version of Beastmode.

Houston has some nice defenders in the front 7 along with Max Borghi at RB, who is quick, catches well and runs hard.

It wouldn’t shock me of DeNucci got another chance to be an NFL backup.

Jahcour Pearson is a small slot WR for Seatttle who is always open and making plays.

Jeff Badet has produced week after week. Luis Perez is a B league QB with a lot of experience. He and Badet are making each other look good.

At 6-5 almost 230, Hakeem Butler is a huge target for STL. He’s a former 4th round pick who bounced around the NFL a bit. With that size, he could get a shot if he keeps producing for the Battlehawks.

And yes! Jontre is a baller for the Roughnecks. Tough kid who will do anything you ask him, just like when he was at LSU. Not sure how his skill set will translate at the next level, but he’s turning heads and might get a look.

Last edited:
I wanted to keep him. I feel like he was the kind of guy Sean would have stashed on IR. Give him some time to grow.
Liked this guy from the beginning, don't give him too much time or we'll never see him

• 1Like
Reactions: MV2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom