Abram Smith (1 Viewer)

Tony Jones, Jr. looked good too but he did the same last preseason.

And of course Dwayne Washington looked really good Except that failed 3rd and 1.

It’s gonna be tough.

Wasn't TJJ dealing with a nagging injury last year? Thought I heard that somewhere.

I didn't realize Abram was such a big dude.

First pre-season game jitters. I still like his chances.

Think he will be on PS, I think you have AK, MI and Washington, not sure the 4th RB is on the team yet

I was surprised Washington started and got so many touches. I would have thought Jones would have had that role.

He looked impressive right up until that game changing fumble. If they score, its game over. Instead it allowed the Texans to steal the game.

Hopefully he learned a big lesson. In the NFL, in a scrum, 2 hands on the ball.

It can be corrected but last night Smith didn’t learn from this mistake. Immediately after his fumble on the next drive running inside in heavy traffic he continued to carry the ball in one arm and swing it out from his body. You might be able to do that in college but in the pros guys are going to punch at the ball and if you develop the reputation of carrying the ball like that and fumbling they’ll go for the ball even more. It’s a self fulfilling prophecy. If Smith wants to make this roster (even the PS) he’s got to correct this.

I wouldn’t count out TJJ. Abram looked pretty solid against 4th stringers…but you just can’t fumble. That’s priority one as a RB. He is probably a PS guy.

I was surprised Washington started and got so many touches. I would have thought Jones would have had that role.

It wasn't out of the ordinary for Payton to give someone who has been underperforming in practice some good snaps during the game to get a better to confirm what they're thinking. It's not a bad strategy. Give the guy some solid snaps to see if your evaluation so far is correct. With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if Washington is one of the first cuts.

Abram Smith looked explosive and decisive going downhill. Just need to work on ball security.

TJJ and Washington were solid. TJJ looked good on a few of those Kickoff returns. A few tough runs as well.

I want to see Ozigbo with the 2nd Unit. A few of his runs had no chance. The screen and toss play got blew up before he even had a chance to look up. So its tough to evaluate.

Abram Smith will make the final 53 if:

a. he has no more turnovers, and

b. he continues to pound the rock and catch out of the backfield as he has already shown

Abram Smith is a good one.

:gosaints:

To be honest, I’d rather Smith be our 3rd RB. Washington, Jones and Ozigbo are sub par. We know what we are getting with them. There’s far more upside to having Smith as #3 because at least he has potential and he can’t be anything worse than the others. The only way is up with Abraham.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom