Absurdly Early Depth Chart Predictions: LSU 2014 (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
QB: Anthony Jennings, Steven Rivers, Hayden Rettig, Rob Bolden, Brandon Harris (RS)
RB: Terrence Magee, Kenny Hilliard, Leornard Fournette, Darrel Williams
FB: Connor Neighbors, Melvin Jones, Travis Dickson (H-Back)
WR: Travin Dural. Avery Petersen, Kevin Spears
WR: John Diarse, Trey Quinn, Tony Upchurch
TE: Desean Smith, Dillon Gordon, Travis Dickson, Jacory Washington, Logan Stokes (Blocking)
LT: La'el Collins, Ethan Pocic
LG: Vadal Alexander, Josh Boutee
OC: Elliot Porter, Ethan Pocic
RG: Fehoko Fanaika, Jonah Austin
RT: Jerald Hawkins, Evan Washington

DE: Jemuria Rasco, Tashawn Bower, Jeremy Maclin
DT: Christian LaCouture, Greg Gilmore, Mickey Johnson
NT: Maquiedias Bain, Quentin Thomas, Travonte Valentine
DE: Jordan Allen, Danielle Hunter, Frank Herron
WLB: Deion Jones, Kendal Beckwith, Duke Riley
MLB: DJ Welter, Clifton Garrett, Lamar Louis
SLB: Kwon Alexander, Kendal Beckwith, Ronnie Fiest
CB: Rashard Robinson, Dwayne Thomas, Jalen Mills
SS: Corey Thompson, Ronald Martin, Ed Paris
FS: Jalen Mills, Jamal Adams, Rickey Jefferson
CB: TreDavious White, Jalen Collins, Kavahra Holmes

Discuss...

Is Mickey Johnson still on the team?

QB: Anthony Jennings, Steven Rivers, Hayden Rettig, Rob Bolden, Brandon Harris (RS)
RB: Terrence Magee, Kenny Hilliard, Leornard Fournette, Darrel Williams
FB: Connor Neighbors, Melvin Jones, Travis Dickson (H-Back)
WR: Travin Dural. Avery Petersen, Kevin Spears
WR: John Diarse, Trey Quinn, Tony Upchurch
TE: Desean Smith, Dillon Gordon, Travis Dickson, Jacory Washington, Logan Stokes (Blocking)
LT: La'el Collins, Ethan Pocic
LG: Vadal Alexander, Josh Boutee
RG: Fehoko Fanaika, Jonah Austin
RT: Jerald Hawkins, Evan Washington

DE: Jemuria Rasco, Tashawn Bower, Jeremy Maclin
DT: Christian LaCouture, Greg Gilmore
NT: Maquiedias Bain, Quentin Thomas, Travonte Valentine
DE: Jordan Allen, Danielle Hunter, Frank Herron
WLB: Deion Jones, Kendal Beckwith, Duke Riley
MLB: DJ Welter, Clifton Garrett, Lamar Louis
SLB: Kwon Alexander, Kendal Beckwith, Ronnie Fiest
CB: Rashard Robinson, Dwayne Thomas, Jalen Mills
SS: Corey Thompson, Ronald Martin, Ed Paris
FS: Jalen Mills, Jamal Adams, Rickey Jefferson
CB: TreDavious White, Jalen Collins, Kavahra Holmes

Discuss...
Where is Dupree? Are you guys so set at wr you can just go and throw away the #1 wr in the nation like that?

Is this your prediction for the Spring or for the start of the season? If Spring, seems pretty accurate except for the obvious exclusion of Dupre, which I would assume was just an oversight. By the time the season starts, I would think a lot of those Freshman will have moved up the depth chart, most notably Fournette and Jacory Washington. I think Danielle Hunter will start at DE and Rettig will win the backup QB job.

Is this your prediction for the Spring or for the start of the season? If Spring, seems pretty accurate except for the obvious exclusion of Dupre, which I would assume was just an oversight. By the time the season starts, I would think a lot of those Freshman will have moved up the depth chart, most notably Fournette and Jacory Washington. I think Danielle Hunter will start at DE and Rettig will win the backup QB job.
I think this is what we will see going into the Fall.

I have been excited about Hunter since he arrived, but he has not lived up to his billing. Jordan Allen made an impression last year that I wasn't expecting. Rasco seems to have the other side locked down. I think next year we see the D-Line get back to rotating 8 guys pretty consistently. I have heard that Rettig has been working hard and has added some muscle. Rivers has yet to make an impression on anyone. He is looking more and more like one of those "coaches son" signings when we were desperate for a solid QB.

I'm not sure about Dupre. His high ranking is mostly on potential. Everyone has acknowledged that he needs some work still. The rest of the group isn't exactly chopped liver. They just lack experience. I could throw him in there behind Avery Petersen, but I chose to go just three-deep on receiver.

The RB depth chart might as well be alphabetical. I think we all know that Les pulls nams out of a hat as to who get the first carry of the game and it's usually not the same guy who finishes the game. I do hope that by his Junior year Les allows Fournette to carry the ball 20 times a game so he has a shot as some honors.

I heard that they were considering moving Melvin Jones back to LBer, but assumed that might not be the case now with the depth they have in the middle now and the absence of such depth at FB.

Also, it is absurdly early... :D

QB: Anthony Jennings, Hayden Rettig, Brandon Harris
RB: Terrence Magee, Kenny Hilliard,
FB: Connor Neighbors, Melvin Jones
WR: Travin Dural, Avery Petersen, Kevin Spears
WR: John Diarse, Rob Bolden
LT: La'el Collins
LG: Vadal Alexander, Josh Boutee,
RG: Evan Washington, Jonah Austin, Fehoko Fanaika
RT: Jerald Hawkins, Andy Dodd

DE: Jeremy Maclin, Tashawn Bower, Jemuria Rasco
DT: Christian LaCouture, Greg Gilmore, Mickey Johnson
NT: Quentin Thomas, Maquedius Bain, Frank Herron
DE: Danielle Hunter, Jordan Allen
WLB: Kwon Alexander, Deion Jones
MLB: DJ Welter, Kendall Beckwith
SLB: Lamar Louis, Duke Riley, Ronnie Fiest
CB: Jalen Collins, Rashard Robinson, Dwayne Thomas
SS: Rickey Jefferson,
FS: Jalen Mills, Ronald Martin, Jamal Adams
CB: TreDavious White, Kavahra Holmes, Ed Paris

OUT: Corey Thompson
I went ahead and removed the kids who are not present at this time. I think some of the changes have been made due to a lack of depth that will not be an issue once Fall Practice starts with the new class involved.

Notes: Godchaux will play inside at tackle for LSU while Teuhema will play as a rush end and not OLB. Tre'davius White was working with the second team for disciplinary issues (grades). It appears that DJ Welter's football IQ is high enough that he is hanging onto the MLB spot for the time being. It's only been a couple days, but the observations are that Dural and Diarse are the heirs to Landry and Beckham. They're moving the LBers around a lot. At this point there is no telling who will play where. They're just trying to find the best set. Same goes for the O-Line. Grimes has indicated that teh best five will be getting the most playing time, so I expect to see Pocic playing more.

The RB depth chart might as well be alphabetical. I think we all know that Les pulls nams out of a hat as to who get the first carry of the game and it's usually not the same guy who finishes the game. I do hope that by his Junior year Les allows Fournette to carry the ball 20 times a game so he has a shot as some honors.

I actually love that Miles rides the hot hand at the RB position. Works for me. Some guys just happen to get it that day or match-up better against certain defenses. Sometimes, I'd hate to have to be the OC and have to decide who actually gets the ball though when you have so many weapons. I don't think this will be one of those years... but eventually we'll be back to that after some development and rebuilding.

I went ahead and removed the kids who are not present at this time. I think some of the changes have been made due to a lack of depth that will not be an issue once Fall Practice starts with the new class involved.

Notes: Godchaux will play inside at tackle for LSU while Teuhema will play as a rush end and not OLB. Tre'davius White was working with the second team for disciplinary issues (grades). It appears that DJ Welter's football IQ is high enough that he is hanging onto the MLB spot for the time being. It's only been a couple days, but the observations are that Dural and Diarse are the heirs to Landry and Beckham. They're moving the LBers around a lot. At this point there is no telling who will play where. They're just trying to find the best set. Same goes for the O-Line. Grimes has indicated that teh best five will be getting the most playing time, so I expect to see Pocic playing more.
I see you moved Beckwith to MLB. I think he is 10 times more athletic than Welter.
I think next years OL will be pure beast.

Early Spring Practice observations are how I pieced the second depth chart. Beckwith is running with the 2nd Team at MLB. RG is just a rotation right now. Washington and Hoko are the two likely candidates. My money is on Hoko.

I like Washington to win the job at RG. Injuries have hurt him tremendously at LSU but he is one of the most talented OL currently on the team. He is a guy who can play guard or tackle but we don't need him for depth, Pocic, Boutte, and Austin are very capable backups so it would be smart to just play the best player possible. Hoko is very raw, that's the main reason I like Washington better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom