According to his agent, Stroud is available for trade (1 Viewer)

ibelieve

unnecessarily vulgar
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Drew Rosenhaus was being interviewed this morning and was talking about his clients on ESPN first take. He said some guys that most people didnt think would get moved this offseason could possible end up else where. He used Stroud as an example. Now I know we have 1.2 million threads saying to sign or trade for (insert name), but this is one of the elite DTs in the leauge. If the Asante deal does not go through, I really hope we will target this guy. I just don't know what it would take to get him.

I'm wondering why Jacksonville would make him available.. I know he was hurt last year.. Could they be trying to get rid of him a year early instead of a year too late? Is he due for a new contract?

this is really not a good idea for jacksonville to try to market stroud, if this report is liable. stroud has been one of the anchors that has made the jacksonville defense a top 5 defense the last 4-5 years, along side john henderson

I'll try and find the link, but somone reported a serious injury and that they were glad the have gravy j.

A 3 time pro-bowl DT that's under 30 years old and has been the corner stone of one of the better defenses in the NFL for a long time... What's that worth in trade?

I'll try and find the link, but somone reported a serious injury and that they were glad the have gravy j.

Jaguars DL Marcus Stroud only played in nine games in 2007 due to an ankle injury, which forced him on injured reserve. Stroud finished the year with 22 tackles and three sacks.

Stroud is expected to make a full recovery in 2008, but this is the second year in a row he's missed time with an ankle injury after playing in only 11 games in 2006. Consider Stroud a low-end DL in IDP leagues since his main value is as a run-stuffer and not much else.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/235246

he is probably done. big guy with bad ankles will have a tough time, especially if he is not really good about watching his weight.

I follow the Jags some. Besides the Stroud rumor, I have seen posts on their board indicating the MLB Mike Peterson could be trade bait. Both Stround and Peterson have had injury problems the last two years and Stround got the 4 game ban for using an illegal substance. When healthy, both players are really good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom