According To Kenny Wilkerson Yesterday....(Mod Edit: Post from 10/06) (1 Viewer)

Go into next weeks game planning to sit Reggie and Deuce. Put the game on Brees, Horn, Colston, the O-Line, and throw the ball 50 times if need be. If Stecker starts well and the Saints are winning at halftime, don't play Bush or Deuce at all.

I'd be absolutely fine with this. If the playcalling is spot-on, Stecker can get the 4-5 yds ness. to keep Tampa honest.

I'd be absolutely fine with this. If the playcalling is spot-on, Stecker can get the 4-5 yds ness. to keep Tampa honest.

Stecker might have a bit of added motivation against his former team. His and Craft's tips yesterday were awful though.

First off I don't think Reggie or Deuce will be anywhere near missing the game Sunday. Second, Tampa has one weakness on defense, it is against the run. If we sit back and throw the ball 50 times it will get ugly, especially if the bucs secondary can sit back and not have to worry about Reggie or Deuce.

Third of all Michael Bennett has run the ball 16 times so far this season for the chiefs and isn't much of an upgrade over Stecker and Branch.

Michael Bennett's been hurt all season so far so it was a good move. I didn't think so at first, but since he hasn't played much it's paying off. Both moves with Stallworth & Bennett seems to be good moves since neither can stay healthy.

I believe we'll see alot more FB this week. Karney can pick up some yards if given the chance. I would have liked to see more of him in the Ravens game just to light Ray up. Oh Ironhead, please impart some magic.

I really would be tempted to bring Branch up if Deuce is hurting. I think that kid is a player. Preseason or no, he had the look of an NFL back, frankly more than Bush did. Different types, but I think he's game ready and could do well. Not that it will happen...

I really would be tempted to bring Branch up if Deuce is hurting. I think that kid is a player. Preseason or no, he had the look of an NFL back, frankly more than Bush did. Different types, but I think he's game ready and could do well. Not that it will happen...

Amen. What more could he have done to make the team I don't know. Feel the same about Josh Williams.

I bet we will come out passing again (big time). Time for our offense to make adjustments. Brees can handle it!

When Deuce went out of the Eagles game Payton chose not to run Reggie. I don't think Stecker will be as effective at running the balls between the tackles as Branch would have been. Odd decision as if Reggie went down injured we could not fill in Stecker as an effective pass catching replacement. The fact Deuce has returned to old form is terrific but if he hadn't then we have a running back in Bush who the coaching staff don't want to run and a guy who played 2nd in line to running the ball behind Antwain Smith. Branch should have made the roster

This is somewhat off-topic, but does anyone know if Reggie has lined up more as a WR or RB thus far? I'm thinking maybe he's been out wide more than he's been in the backfield.

If that's the case, and he was at one point leading the league in receptions... Then why don't they make him eligible at WR for my fantasy football leagues and pro bowl voting?

I found this post from last year and it kind of got me to thinking......was the knee Deuce hurt this year weakened because he was compensating all of last year with his then newly surgically repaired knee?

Some of the comments here about losing Deuce are also prophetic.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom