According to Mike Martz the reason Brees struggled in the first half (1 Viewer)

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Is because he doesn't like to step up in the pocket and likes to move side to side. He said Brees made adjustments at halftime and learned to step up in the pocket like he has never done it before.

Thank god we didn't hire him when his name was in the hat of coaches, that has to be one of the dumbest statements I've heard. This was on NFL Network coaches show.

Yeah, Brees is a regular Ben Roethlisburger out there. He never steps up in the pocket :Singe1301:

n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

Obviously he hasn't seen Brees play much. He is the best at stepping up in the pocket and has the best pocket mobility of any QB in the game. Their blitz was confusing us at the beginning of the game and people were getting through the line. We adjusted and we were fine...nothing to do with Brees stepping up...

Is because he doesn't like to step up in the pocket and likes to move side to side. He said Brees made adjustments at halftime and learned to step up in the pocket like he has never done it before.

Thank god we didn't hire him when his name was in the hat of coaches, that has to be one of the dumbest statements I've heard. This was on NFL Network coaches show.

Yeah, that's asinine. Brees is the king of stepping up, that's his signature move. Has been for years.

I said something similar while watching the game, that Brees started playing better when he was finally able to step up into the pocket like he usually does after the pass rush slowed down.

Several teams, especially the Eagles, specifically said that the key to stopping us was pressure up the middle to prevent Drew from stepping up. Saying that he's just learning to do that is as ignorant a football statement as I've ever heard. Offensive genius my butt.

Let's play us some Jeopardy.

This St. Louis Ram head coach gameplanned keeping the ball out of Marshall Faulk's hands in the Super Bowl.

WOW! Has he NEVER watched Drew throw before? Every time I close my eyes, all I see is our O-line pushing the defenders back and behind drew as he steps up and throws a bomb downfield. I can't sleep at night because of it! :hihi:

Thats why Martz isn't a coach anymore. Drew didn't "learn" to step up in a pocket during halftime. Hell, Drew led the scoring drive that put us back in it BEFORE halftime. Mike Martz needs to learn to design offenses that fit the talent he has, instead of trying to force players with no talent or little talent or different talent to play in his Einstein system.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom