According to NFL Total Access..... (1 Viewer)

Mel Kiper says the same thing about us needing a CB tops. I'd agree, but we have a lot of needs, so we can take BPA and still fill a need. The thing is, no CB is really solid. McKelvin seems to be the consensus #1, but he's pretty boring. 5'10, 190 lbs, runs a 4.45 40. He would have trouble facing off against the bigger WRs out there, but seems to be a pretty safe pick. I'd be more inclined to gamble on greatness and take DRC. At least then we'd have a potential gamebreaker with potential for greatness and honestly, how low could this guy's floor be? At the very least, he should be a good corner. If nobody like Ellis, Dorsey or Gholston fall to us or McFadden to give us a bargaining chip to trade down, I'd go with the potential of DRC. Let's face it, as a rookie, neither of them are going to make a world of difference; look 3 years down the road and figure out who's got the best chance to make an impact.

Who is DRC?

Don't kid yourself. Dorsey won't be there at 10, neither will Ellis.

I take it you don't watch the Draft a lot, stranger things have happened...I'm saying it as a possibility, not a fact.

I would give up a 3rd round pick to get a top 5 talent that slips a little, rather than reaching for a player at 10. We are not going to be able to trade down.
Well a 3rd and our 1st probably won't get us up especially if Ellis and or Dorsey is on the board. Other teams would give up much more to move up.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dorsey slips due to the knee injury. I think some teams will be scared off by that. In fact, I'd prefer Ellis for that reason alone, but I would've preferred Dorsey before the knee injury. Now, at #10, Dorsey would be worth the gamble.

Wow, a sprained knee? You'd pass on AD because of a sprained ankle?

Our most pressing needs are the front 7, not the back 4. The front 7 make the back 4 look better than they are, and they can also make the back 4 look worse than they are by being bad themselves. Games are won in the trenches.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if Dorsey slips due to the knee injury. I think some teams will be scared off by that. In fact, I'd prefer Ellis for that reason alone, but I would've preferred Dorsey before the knee injury. Now, at #10, Dorsey would be worth the gamble.
Sedrick Ellis missed the first three games of 2006 after surgery to repair knee cartilage and missed the entire 2004 season after surgery to repair his fractured left ankle.

Dorsey played through his injury.

Who is the gamble?

Ellis would defiinitely be my fav pick...or Dorsey. Reminds me of that big 'Ngata' kick I went on two drafts ago. To play Devil's Advocate, though, doesn't it normally take a few years for a DT to blossom in the NFL, or is that mainly for NTs?

I don't think there is a corner worth the #10 pick in the draft. If Ellis and Dorsey are gone, you either take the LB from USC or trade down and pick a corner.

I take it you don't watch the Draft a lot, stranger things have happened...I'm saying it as a possibility, not a fact.

Bingo...Reggie was never going to be available at pick #2 and who predicted Quinn being there at #22.

Our most pressing needs are the front 7, not the back 4. The front 7 make the back 4 look better than they are, and they can also make the back 4 look worse than they are by being bad themselves. Games are won in the trenches.

I am tired of hearing people say this! Why? The front 7 DID A GOOD JOB STOPPING THE RUN. That is there job!! When it is 3rd and 15 and an offense is in max protect and the defense is not blitzing you need guys that can knock a ball down, and we don't have that as of right now. We need DEFENSIVE BACKS!!!!! WE HAVE 2 FORMER FIRST ROUNDERS ON THE DEFENSIVE LINE!!! Yes a good MLB will help but if we cannot get our Corners (mainly JD) to quit looking in the backfield (for no apparent reason, its 3rd and 15) and getting burned through the course of a year its time for some new ones. The only person we have that is a starter in our D-Backfield at the beginning of the year is Roman Harper. MM is going to be hurt and NOONE ELSE IN THE BACKFIELD WOULD START FOR A TEAM RUNNING OUR SCHEME!!

Bingo...Reggie was never going to be available at pick #2 and who predicted Quinn being there at #22.

I would go a step further and say Mock Drafts are a complete joke! All it takes is 1 franchise to have some player ranked way higher than everyone else and it will throw the entire draft into a tailspin that leaves everyone scratching their heads.

I know it's a down time and this is all we have to talk about, but anyone who says "X" player will not be at spot "Z" has never watched an NFL draft in their entire life. It is the ultimate reality TV show, which is what makes it so fun to watch.....you have no idea what will come next and for that reason I was a bit disappointed they made the draft shorter. One of my favorite days of the year--sports-wise.

I remember a certain DT that was slotted to go in the top 10 and even in the top 5 last year that fell to Arizona's 2nd round pick.....yet someone can't fathom Dorsey or Ellis falling a couple spots behind where they are projected by quazi-experts....:dunno:

At our pick, #10, any person who has decared for the draft could be there when we pick. There is not one player this year that you can tell me has no chance to be there when we pick, especially before the combine.

If the Saints are active in free agency watch for them to trade up in the draft and get Ellis or Dorsey.

The Saints will probably not be in position to get an Ellis or a Dorsey while Brees is the QB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom