According to the Tampa Tribune, we are intersted in Crumpler (1 Viewer)

workhorse

No White Flags!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure how I feel about this.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/bucs-waiting-for-crumpler-to-be-freed/

From Rotoworld:

In addition to the Panthers and Bucs, the Tampa Tribune reports the Colts and Saints are showing interest in free agent Alge Crumpler.

The Colts would be a surprise landing spot, as they're expected to apply the franchise tag to Dallas Clark and have a strong backup in Ben Utecht. The Saints make sense with Eric Johnson also a free agent. All these teams must wait for Crumpler to clear the waiver wire before setting up visits.

You should feel great. Hes a very good TE, is under 30, and is protoypical of the kind of TE Brees excels with. He is also a good blocker.

I hope this happens. With him on offense we'd be crazy good. We've lacked that over the middle up the seam TE threat. Not only that, LB's will no longer be making a mad dash to RB everytime the ball is snapped. If that do Crumpler will kill them over the middle.

Last edited:
Thank GOD we are at least in the mix... its all on Crump of where he wants to go, so none of us can fault the FO for not trying...

Crumpler would definitely add another dimension to our offense.. Hopefully we can get him.. :9:

I just can't see Payton, knowing how good Brees is with a great TE and coaching Witten as a premiere pass catching TE, wouldn't be falling over himself to sign this guy. Hopefully he is and we aren't hearing about it yet.

Plus, if Crumpler wants to stick it back to the Birds twice a year, this would be a great opportunity for him.

It's not at all unusual for players to move within the division, after all, we do have film on him twice a season.

What TE or WR wouldn't want to play in this offense? especially knowing that we have a huge crater at the position... Crumpler can come in and instantly become a pro bowler.

This would be a great addition!

All great offenses had a great TE. The Saints have been trying to replace Walls for far too long now. Before Walls, you have to go back to Hoby---yikes... thats all the way back to the 80s:dunno:

--

We've had a lot of discussions about him catching passes vs. drops. I know very little about him, so someone tell me: Can he block?

We've had a lot of discussions about him catching passes vs. drops. I know very little about him, so someone tell me: Can he block?

Yes. He is a good blocking TE.

I'm not sure where the drops stuff came from. Yes he dropped two passes against us in a game of destiny, but other then that he has very good hands for a TE and has been the Falcons leading reciever several times I think.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom