According to the Tampa Tribune, we are intersted in Crumpler (1 Viewer)

If we can sign him, it would be a huge improvement over what we currently have. He is a complete TE, which we have lacked for over a decade.

I thought the knock against Crumpler is a bad knee. I'm not saying we shouldn't get him, but he was cut for a reason. I always think about Pat Swilling when I think about people like Crumpler. Swilling had a great run with the Saints and then his productivity dropped off his last season here. . . . when Pat's contract came up, the Saints sent him to Detroit. The Lions thought they were getting an MVP but Pat was never the same player with them. It was a question of Jim Mora knowing something the Lions didn't.

Now I know this is a different player, different era, but you always have to be wary of things like that. Teams don't release Pro-Bowlers for no reason.

not sure why he would have to clear wiavers...I think Rotoworld got that wrong (which makes one wonder about the rest of the article)...

not sure why he would have to clear wiavers...I think Rotoworld got that wrong (which makes one wonder about the rest of the article)...

the article is from the Tampa Tribune. Rotoworld just compiles the NFL news from various sources and spouts an opinion now and then.

Crump is from the Carolinas, so there is a good chance he will prefer to sign there. But if he really wants to play for a young, talented QB, then the saints should be his choice.

At the end, I think he will be a panther. Don't want to get my hopes up.

From the article:

No one can touch Crumpler just yet, though, because Crumpler is still not a free agent. Not technically.

None of the five players released by the Falcons late last week showed up on the league’s final waiver wire on Friday.

With the league’s offices closed for business over the weekend it will be this afternoon, at the earliest, before Crumpler is truly free.

He's the best of a poor free agent group. I heard somewhere he has knee concerns though. Plus, he will get paid good money.

Would be a nice pick up if happens... You know a guy is good or a has SOME skills when the colts start looking at them, and when they already have to good TE's... so it wouldnt be a bad choice for us.. and if we draft another WR hopefully DJ or Royal in the draft...
our WR and TE corp would be nice then

Why does he have to clear waivers ? and can somebody explain this process?
I am not 100% on this, but if it works like MLB, if we claimed him, we would take on his existing contract. If he clears waivers, then he can negotiate with any team on a NEW contract.

Would be a nice pick up if happens... You know a guy is good or a has SOME skills when the colts start looking at them, and when they already have to good TE's... so it wouldnt be a bad choice for us.. and if we draft another WR hopefully DJ or Royal in the draft...
our WR and TE corp would be nice then

That is the dumbest logic ever. If the colts are interested than he must be good?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom