According to WNSP (Mobile) Saints Going After Mike Wallace (1 Viewer)

With Payton at the helm, this shouldn't be too surprising to anyone (if true). The best defense is a good offense, right?:ezbill:

How we could afford this guy, I have no idea...

Wallace would be a waste of money. He will be overpaid.

A waste of money? It boggles the mind to imagine how a defense would stop our offense with the addition of a top 5 speed WR in the league. He might be overpaid but my God, we would average 50 a game.

We'll have plenty to discuss this weekend when teams can actually make contact after midnight, until then (11 hrs) lets hold off on every weak rumor that comes out.

Would take Wallace in a heartbeat. Exactly what we are missing on offense. Teams would have nightmares alone dealing with Wallace as a Saint. He would open up the run game and make it virtually impossible to help Jimmy over top. We will have $ to spend and would love to get a start caliber and an another FA who is an impact. We are not far from being a great defense. A scheme change and a couple of impactful picks we are a new D. Wallace would give Brees the ultimate weapon. Can take a hitch or slant for 90 and has never had that comfort. NFL better watch out if be get Wallace.

I think mike would make our offense the number 1 off in the league no doubt

I think it's safe to say that we could get out of Mike Wallace what we want/expected to get from Devery Henderson game in and game out. I am sure Payton would like to upgrade his deep threat position. I like Morgan as much as anyone else, adding Wallace to the fold would be an exceptional move.

Colston & Wallace split out would be sexy...just sayn!

Toe, there is absolutely nothing about Colston's game that is sexy. He is dependable (something that took a hit last season with all the drops after contact). He is definitely one of our go-to guys, besides Jimmy and Lance, but his game is slow-paced, not much movement that can be considered more quick than fast or more fast than quick. It's just not part of his game at all and teams know that all they have to do is let him catch the ball, knock the bejesus out of him and he will drop it. But, It is what it is, and he has been the best we've known.

I should have specified "after Brees" but I didn't think I needed to.

Then you probably should not have put any in all caps or used the word "ever."

Now when has the Saints ever pursued ANY big ticket offensive free agent?

Beyond that, other than Brees, we really haven't gone out and spent huge money on any free agents, other than Grubbs, no matter what side of the ball they play on. But, since Gubbs is probably the biggest free agent contract we gave after Brees, it does appear that the team is willing to spend big money on an offensive free agent. While, in fact, we have never really spent huge amounts of money on a defensive free agent.

Now, do I think we will spend big money on Wallace? No. I think the only way he comes here is if he can't get the big contract he wants and decides to sign a lower price, one year deal with us so that he can put up big numbers in our offense, maybe win a ring, and then get a big contract next year.

Here we go again.

I guess we are getting him along with Revis and Jake Long - right?

I bet the radio was just discussing the NOLA speculation article.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom