According to WNSP (Mobile) Saints Going After Mike Wallace (1 Viewer)

Interesting take, and I agree that I'd rather have solid OLine depth than receiver.

That being said, it does not take Brady 5 seconds to throw an 8 yard pass to Welker or a 10 yard pass to Gronk. And their running game is effective but the unit is always short of personnel. For all their glamour, the Patriots have not won a ring since the 2004 season and in their two subsequent Super Bowl losses, the offense was shut down.

I like that approach also. But I don't think the Patriots have not won a superbowl because of offense. In both games they gave up game winning drives to the giants with miracle type plays involved.

Its their offense that puts them in the afc chpship ever year automaticallly. That and a comically weak division that lets them get that #1 seed easily every year. When will Miami, buff, jets every get their act together....

I'm not sold on wallace being a 10+ or 11+ mln/y guy..still, if the dolphins hit it it's good value to them, if not..have fun in florida

We might still be able to win 12 games without a defense if we can sign Wallace. He's exactly the type of playmaker this offense lacks (deep threat). Unfortunately, he's out of our price range.

We might still be able to win 12 games without a defense if we can sign Wallace. He's exactly the type of playmaker this offense lacks (deep threat). Unfortunately, he's out of our price range.
The offense lacks a deep threat? When did that happen?

The offense lacks a deep threat? When did that happen?

sadly, i agree with the stated argument. i wouldn't say we have a legitimate deep threat on this team. or, if you think we have one - a WR with size and quickness that is amongst the top talent in the league - why not have 2? size is good. can't always count on henderson to catch the ball... or graham to be uncovered.

I agree, as good as this offense is, it can be much better with a true number 2 or 1b opposite of Colston. You can always get better.

That's why I think Patterson may be the pick if the Big 4 are all taken and he drops to us, as several mock drafts have predicted.

After Meachem left, our vertical game suffered. While Meachem was not a superstar, he had elite speed and could catch a ball reliablely.....neither Henderson nor Morgan has filled his shoes.

Wallace is legit. Real legit. He could be the best WR on the team if signed.....which is the reason we won't be able to ink him. Wallace will sign for #1 money.

Wallace would be great as a Saint, but it would be more of a luxury than a necessity. He would be very nice to have, but 10 or 11 million a year could be much better used on the defensive side of the ball IMO. Same goes with a first round rick, Patterson or Austin would be nice, but there are many defensive players that would be more impactful on this team.

Wallace would be great as a Saint, but it would be more of a luxury than a necessity. He would be very nice to have, but 10 or 11 million a year could be much better used on the defensive side of the ball IMO. Same goes with a first round rick, Patterson or Austin would be nice, but there are many defensive players that would be more impactful on this team.

You have to go BPA when the gap between BPA and your greatest areas of need is so large.

And I think it would be if, like I said before, the Big 4 were all taken.

After Meachem left, our vertical game suffered. While Meachem was not a superstar, he had elite speed and could catch a ball reliablely.....neither Henderson nor Morgan has filled his shoes.

Wallace is legit. Real legit. He could be the best WR on the team if signed.....which is the reason we won't be able to ink him. Wallace will sign for #1 money.
You mean the guy who was averaging 38 yds per catch? Compare Morgan to Meachem in the 1st year, nearly identical. Give him time and I bet he fills Meachems role nicely.

Morgan is getting there. I mean, it's on film, not just hypothetical. Brees can't throw it far enough to keep up with Morgan's speed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom