Acoustic guitar value EpiD-16 (1 Viewer)

anoldfan

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Any acoustic guitar experts here familiar with Norlin Epi D-16 value? Wondering whether to hang on to it or not.

Any acoustic guitar experts here familiar with Norlin Epi D-16 value? Wondering whether to hang on to it or not.

I have no idea but suspect the value isn’t significant - consumer/entry model guitar from an era not thought to have particular quality.

Do you know what year? Is it made in Taiwan?

You can dig through here if you like (though the thread is about 17 yrs old).

I know next to nothing about them, but in skimming through that thread, I'm guessing that it is not particularly valuable.

Thanks for the responses. Yes, it is made in Taiwan. It's got a great sound but evidently is not of great monetary value. Sounds better than the Seagull S6 I "upgraded" to a few years back. Guess I'll just keep it till I die and let whoever inherits it investigate for themselves.??

"Marty_Graw" has got to be one of the most creative user names I've seen in a long time! Names kind of interest me. We have a news man in Florida named Justin Kase. If he is replaced, maybe it will be Justin Thyme.

I've seen a couple of Norlin Epi's at Rockin Robin's in Houston over the years. If it's in good shape I would say that it worth or somewhere between $225-$300.

I'm always game for Acoustic Guitar discussions as the topic very much interests me. The acoustic that I play the most is a Collings OM1A that I purchased in 2008. It doesn't get any better when it comes to small body guitars. :9:

Thanks Andrus. That price range sounds a little better. I paid $220 I believe back in the day in the Gretna area. I must have overpaid. Evidently according to Google $220 adjusted for inflation is $835.? I believe the music place was probably Bonvillains. If not, I know it started with a B.

I'm always game for Acoustic Guitar discussions as the topic very much interests me. The acoustic that I play the most is a Collings OM1A that I purchased in 2008. It doesn't get any better when it comes to small body guitars. :9:

I have had three acoustic guitars - got my first at 16. It was a Minstrel, a short-run (85-92) entry-level guitar made by Godin (also made Seagull) . . . bought it at Music Corner in Covington, LA (ADNM). It was my third guitar (had a "first guitar" telecopy by Lotus and then upgraded to a Jap Strat ('89)) but soon after I realized acoustic was the way to be able to play more often. It was a great guitar for probably about $250. It was "unfinished" (didn't have a lacquered style finish on the body), which gave a warm tone that I loved.

I took it to college (left the Strat at home), and then when I graduated, I took money I got from my relatives for graduation (mostly grandma) and I bought a Guild (this is a '94 build bought in '95, pre-Fender Guild) dreadnaught with on-board amplification. I loved the 'unfinished' warm sound of my Minstrel so I got the same setup on my Guild. It's a great guitar and I still have it - when the guy sold it to me, he said "you'll have this guitar forever man, it's worth it" . . . my parents weren't happy (fully P'Oed actually) that I spent that money on a guitar, and it seemed sort of irreverent at the time - but given the thousands of hours of joy and friendship that guitar has given me (not to mention the chicks it helped me score), it was a freakin' solid investment. The action on it is really high, and with that full-size guitar, it's a workout - a night of barre chords is a wrist wrecker. But I never lowered it because I sort of think it helps me be a better player - you have to get your fingering right when the action is high, it's hard to cheat.

About 10 years ago, after I got married, my wife wanted to give me a nice birthday gift because I had given her some jewelry or some shirt for hers . . . and lo and behold she pulls out this guitar case. In it is a Martin 0-body acoustic she got at Guitar Center, she didn't let me know it was coming so I didn't have any input on it - but it was really cool, and sweet, and I appreciated it. In actuality, I think the GC salesman did a good job - he asked her what I mainly did with guitars and she said "He mostly plays at night just for relaxation - and sometimes takes it with us when we go to the beach or something". So he puts her on this narrow bodied, almost like a small-room practice guitar compared to my big-arse Guild. Yeah, it's a GC Martin and maybe those are a bit of a consumer rip-off but Martin isn't totally sold out - the GC line is still solid. It's got great tone and the 0-body is just easier to throw around, learn songs without all that high-action that the Guild has. I've grown to really like it, especially traveling.

I go back and forth - depending on if I'm in the room alone and want to hear a full sound, go with the Guild. But if I'm practicing in front of the TV or traveling, its the Martin.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom