Active shooting Philadelphia (1 Viewer)

Do we know this is suicide by cop?
One of the posters said bad drug bust??
No, we don't. I'm guessing it was an assumption since the guy is holed up and not giving himself up. Can't really expect it to end well. Only thing I've heard is, yes, it's a narcotics thing but it's still ongoing last I heard , so.

to clarify i am on a lot of meds to prevent, see a therapist, and a psychiatrist, to prevent taking my life (which wouldn't happen at least as my dogs are to comfort me, even then, it is a tough call).

i have expressed many times that if i was to take my one life, it would be in a way that no one would find me. i would never want that trauma on a person to find me. this includes not wanting to harm others.

there are people i can't stand, but i wouldn't even think of being their life-judge to take with me. even being non-religious, it isn't my call whether or not they deserve to be judged by me, much less random people, especially those sworn to serve and protect, guilty of other crimes or not.

i just can't wrap my head around these crimes. it makes my head spin as to why? it is obvious these crimes are for attention and knowing that it will be death by police suicide.

situations like this are why i question life to begin with? i know everyone isn't born with the same chemistry, but still, like atoms and molecules, they can always be modified.

ugh, jameson, so if this does not make not make sense, but i had to say it.

I swear we are identical twins.

Do we know this is suicide by cop?
One of the posters said bad drug bust??
Early reports were of a drug bust gone bad. But take that with a huge grain of salt. Early reports also said six officers shot and maybe dead, which was plain wrong

Wrong neighborhood. That was Powelton Village, in West Philly right by Penn and Drexel, actually a decent, stable neighborhood. Further west things get ugly, much like north Philly around Olney, Fern Rock, etc.

They are calling this area Tioga/Nicetown.

Sigh. Groups have gathered and are assaulting and impeding the police during an active shooter.

to clarify i am on a lot of meds to prevent, see a therapist, and a psychiatrist, to prevent taking my life (which wouldn't happen at least as my dogs are to comfort me, even then, it is a tough call).

i have expressed many times that if i was to take my one life, it would be in a way that no one would find me. i would never want that trauma on a person to find me. this includes not wanting to harm others.

With suicide, there is no way to spare your loved ones. It is always going to be painful.

The only situation I think suicide might be justifiable is with an end-of-life situation.

there are people i can't stand, but i wouldn't even think of being their life-judge to take with me. even being non-religious, it isn't my call whether or not they deserve to be judged by me, much less random people, especially those sworn to serve and protect, guilty of other crimes or not.

i just can't wrap my head around these crimes. it makes my head spin as to why? it is obvious these crimes are for attention and knowing that it will be death by police suicide.

situations like this are why i question life to begin with? i know everyone isn't born with the same chemistry, but still, like atoms and molecules, they can always be modified.

ugh, jameson, so if this does not make not make sense, but i had to say it.

These shooters are obviously mentally ill. So its kind of hard to enter into their frame of mind. Getting revenge against specific individuals is one thing but I just don't understand spraying bullets into a random public place.

I remember having some really forked up thoughts when I was a teen. Thankfully my family wasn't into guns.

These shooters are obviously mentally ill.
Most are not any more mentally ill than the average American. We all have some degree of mental illness, just like we all have some degree of physical illness. None of us are perfectly fit physically or mentally.

What most people mean when they say they are mentally ill, is that they have a diagnosable and severe disorder. Most of the shooters have not had diagnosable nor severe disorders.

Have you ever gotten so mad at someone that you slammed, kicked or punched something?

Imagine if people who saw you do that warmed up to you and told you how badly you were treated. That you had every right to be angry and that you should be outraged. Imagine if they told you that you deserve better. Imagine if they were the only ones telling you that you deserve better. Imagine if they did that every time they talked to you, "you should be angry and you deserve better." Imagine they become your only friends and source of social interaction, because they're the only ones who get you. Then they start showing you more and more reasons why you should be outraged with all of those people who are doing you wrong. Then they tell you that "we" need to fight back. Then they show you the people who fought back and you all praise and honor them as heros. Then they tell you, or at this point you might even tell yourself, "I want to be a hero too." We all want to be heros as children and we never really completley grow out of it.

That's how most people get to the point of randomly mass murdering people. A combination of stoked anger and a desperate desire to belong and feel accepted. That's why some even do it just for the fame. In that case, it's a tragically misguided plea to be noticed and recognized.

It doesn't justify murder, but it is important to understand that it could happen to just about anyone if all the wrong conditions occur while we are in a vulnerable time in our life. The mental illness of most mass shooters is more comparable to the common cold, than it is to a brain tumor.

So let’s talk about the outside bystanders, taunting and laughing at the police, shall we?

It doesn't justify murder, but it is important to understand that it could happen to just about anyone if all the wrong conditions occur while we are in a vulnerable time in our life. The mental illness of most mass shooters is more comparable to the common cold, than it is to a brain tumor.

I think you are associating mass shooters, that have the primary purpose of bringing attention to a perceived, just cause, with criminals such as these, that apparently are selling and pushing their drugs, for profit and corrupting others and affecting so many others indirectly, with their criminal activity. And they apparently, are willing to take out police and authorities, intent on bringing them to justice. Apples and oranges, when it comes to what you have stated. Sorry.

I think you are associating mass shooters, that have the primary purpose of bringing attention to a perceived, just cause, with criminals such as these, that apparently are selling and pushing their drugs, for profit and corrupting others and affecting so many others indirectly, with their criminal activity. And they apparently, are willing to take out police and authorities, intent on bringing them to justice. Apples and oranges, when it comes to what you have stated. Sorry.
This comes off oddly sounding like a pro- mass shooter position
I’m sure that’s not what you intended

I agree, apples and oranges.

A standoff between criminal and police like this is far less scary to the general public than a mass shooting. Mass shootings of random people it's easy to think "that could be me."

Most people are never going to be drug dealers forced into a black market and most people are never going to be cops who are compelled to take part in an unwinnable drug war, so a standoff between the two doesn't bring about that "it could be me" fear. As a result, there's little outrage -- the masses don't care enough to start chanting "do something."

And that's too bad because unlike the more complicated mass shooting violence, drug-related gun violence, which is far more prevalent than random mass shootings, is the kind gun violence that really could be easily prevented. Stupid drug war = stupid violence. End the drug war.

Even though there's this simple, glaringly obvious, way to significantly diminish this major source of US violence, I hear pretty much nothing from any popular media or politicians about how something actually can be done to stop it. And ending the drug war wouldn't only be a major help in the US, it'd also help south of the border, where most illegal drugs are produced and where the violence is way worse.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom