Actor/Actress with the Most Impeccable "Nerd" Credentials (1 Viewer)

Ian Holm just left us and I didn't realize he had quite the genre resume himself. Alien, Fifth Element, Lord of the Rings . . .
Post 61...

And... that sucks.

I still think Karl Urban is the nerd king in terms of overall body of work. Anyone else make a case for better?
Karl is now just piling on with The Boys.

Hugo Weaving is a strong one too, but I think he's starting to lag now.

Hugo Weaving is the winner, but...

Sean Bean should also be noted. Yeah, his character usually dies but still an impressive resume.
Lord of the rings, Game of thrones, Equilibrium/Cubic, as well as voice acting in computer games like the Civilization and Elder scrolls series. Tons of other stuff as well, but those are kinda heavy hitters in the nerd genre.

Urban also player a major character in The Chronicles of Riddick, was main character in that TV series where he was a cop and a robot was his partner, main character in Pathfinder, where he plays a Viking adopted by Native Americans (which is speculative fiction); he was in the Doom movie...

Almost Human. Just another in a long line of really good sci-fi shows FOX has cancelled after one season.

Almost Human. Just another in a long line of really good sci-fi shows FOX has cancelled after one season.
And for some reason, aired that one season’s worth of episodes out of order.

And for some reason, aired that one season’s worth of episodes out of order.

I wasn't aware of that but I didn't have cable at the time so I was downloading them after they'd aired. Now I want to watch it again.

According to IMDB:
Was shown out of order on Fox. To watch the show in the correct order (based on episode list on IMDb) watch: 01,08,06,10,02,03,04,05,09,07,11,12,13

Boy did they botch that lol.

I wasn't aware of that but I didn't have cable at the time so I was downloading them after they'd aired. Now I want to watch it again.

According to IMDB:
Was shown out of order on Fox. To watch the show in the correct order (based on episode list on IMDb) watch: 01,08,06,10,02,03,04,05,09,07,11,12,13

Boy did they botch that lol.

Yeah, it was so dumb.

Fox has done this with several of their shows (which all ended up being cancelled after 1 season).

Yeah, it was so dumb.

Fox has done this with several of their shows (which all ended up being cancelled after 1 season).

They dropped the ball again with The Orville, except Seth MacFarlane has enough clout that he just brought it over to Hulu for Season 3. Considering he's been their cash cow for the last 20+ years it seems like a really stupid business decision on their part.

Charlton Heston is a decent contender

The naked jungle
planet of the apes
the omega man
soylent green

I don't know if anyone picked Pedro Pascal in this thread, but if you did, good on you. The dude is rapidly rising in the ranks of high profile nerd fiction. He's left a large mark on Star Wars, has appeared in DC, was in Game of Thrones, and is about to star in what I'm sure will be a massive post apocalyptic hit, Last of Us.

Last edited:
If you include voice acting and TV shows, I'd have to submit Nathan Fillion.

His IMDB is a virtual nerd paradise.
a lot of the American dub anime voice over actors would count - it's a relatively small circle

Steve Blum is definitely on the list

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom