Adalius Thomas... (1 Viewer)

Another guy that will be overrated and overpaid because he reaped the benefits of playing next to Ray Lewis and behind Haloti Ngata.

See: Ed Hartwell

Edit: Oops, was beaten to it.

I won't argue that Hartwell was overhyped.

But I will argue that he has ever played behind Haloti Ngata.

with his attitude , he is no payton player

Trust me, he has no attitude toward coaching staffs. His attitude is on the field and its a good one. He's a beast and is underrated. His ability has nothing to do with the Ravens "system". He has pure talent and can play multilple positions. He's very fast for his weight.

I watched him play at Southern Miss alot....he would be great here, but I dont see us making a move for him. We have a good DL..... 2 up and coming safties with Harper, Bullocks. We need 1 good CB really....and maybe 1 LB.

The only attitude AD has is to try to be the best player on the D and to do whatever is asked of him, his versatility speaks for itself. He lasted until the 6th round to be drafted because he supposedly took plays off, well what player doesn't. I also watched him at Southern Miss and he was the 2 time defensive player of the year in CUSA. It is beyond me how Mario Williams went #1 and AD went in the 6th round. I would take him in a second to be a Saint.

I would rather Briggs and they are going to be in the same ballpark money wise. Plus I think the Ravens have already said they will use the franchise tag if needed.

Thomas is a great player, but i'd rather lock up the younger Briggs for that kind of money.

Last edited:
Are we talkin about number 96 from the Ravens that stuffed Bush in the backfield and forced a fumble? Also is he a lineman or a linebacker? Thanks.

Three really good linebackers. Personally, I rank them as Thomas, June, Briggs. I would be happy with any one of these guys. All three, if they do indeed make it to the FA market are going to get really big bucks though

Disagree with you on the order shadow...

Briggs would be my first choice..
Thomas my second (and it hurts to put him behind Briggs, being a USM boy *G*).
June my third.

however, I notice that everyone talks about Briggs coming for a lower price... All three will IMO, command get too much money from someone at the moment, but if Loomis could pull off a deal for any of the three I probably wouldn't complain.

Thomas was great at Southern Miss and he is a great athlete for his size. I think he fits better in a 3-4 defense than a 4-3. He is more like a DE/LB hybrid.

I agree slaym. In a 3-4 defense he has the freakish ability of Shawn Merriman. In a 4-3 defense he is Chris Claiborn.

The only attitude AD has is to try to be the best player on the D and to do whatever is asked of him, his versatility speaks for itself. He lasted until the 6th round to be drafted because he supposedly took plays off, well what player doesn't. I also watched him at Southern Miss and he was the 2 time defensive player of the year in CUSA. It is beyond me how Mario Williams went #1 and AD went in the 6th round. I would take him in a second to be a Saint.

Williams went high because he was just an athlete that did very well at a scouting combine.....Because he sure is %$# didn't do anything at maryland to be picked that high(let alone the 2 other D-Linemen on the team, and what were they ranked on defense??)...Too many scouts and teams use the combines as a be end all factor when trying to pick players(although I think some teams are finally starting to realize that's not the way to go). I think they think just because a guy has tremendous athleticism that they can coach him up and make him this great player.....

As for Thomas I don't know much about him really....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom