Adam Caplan thinks the Browns should go after Chase Daniel (1 Viewer)

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Adam Caplan @caplannfl
I suggest you watch Daniels play first. Preseason 2012. RT @Mleiby1: @caplannfl Adam, we already have a Chase Daniel in Colt McCoy

Adam Caplan @caplannfl
Always enjoy talking Browns. Never a dull moment for whatever reason. RT @TheFamousFS: @caplannfl Nice job on ESPN Cleveland today! #Browns

I tweeted him back correcting his spelling on Daniel, before everyone gets all mad.

And I'd be fine with it. I love Chase's clipboard holding skills but we could use the pick(s).

Edit: No picks, Chase is an UFA. My bad.

Yes they should. I think Chase deserves the opportunity. ...And we could use the pic. :)

I actually think that Chase Daniel could be a fairly successful QB in the NFL. It would heavily depend on the team, offensive scheme and play calling. I think he could do it. Payton wouldn't have kept Daniel around this long if he didn't have "game".

He has been talking him up for a few days now. I am not sure why? I have not seen anything consistent from Chase to warrant a starting gig. He may have the tools, but not sure when he has exhibited enough for Caplan to be so confident.

And I'd be fine with it. I love Chase's clipboard holding skills but we could use the pick(s).

Chase is an unrestricted free agent, how will we get picks?

He has been talking him up for a few days now. I am not sure why? I have not seen anything consistent from Chase to warrant a starting gig. He may have the tools, but not sure when he has exhibited enough for Caplan to be so confident.

Some people think just because he has been learning from Brees for so many years that he is ready. Go figure.

Some people think just because he has been learning from Brees for so many years that he is ready. Go figure.

I'm willing to bet he's better just from sitting behind Brees than that dumpster fire of a QB situation in Cleveland.

No one is going to offer Daniel a starting gig, look for him to sign a fairly decent deal to stay in New Orleans for a couple more years.

I think the Chase comparison to Colt McCoy is about right. He really hasn't shown much as a Saint and I don't see how a change of scenery would help. I think a QB needy team offers him about the same as we would, and he leaves because he would compete for a starting job.

No one is going to offer Daniel a starting gig, look for him to sign a fairly decent deal to stay in New Orleans for a couple more years.

You are probably right, but someone, like the Browns may offer him the opportunity to compete for the starting job. Unlike here where he has 0 chance. The jaguars are another team he could go to.

Yep. There's no reason for him to get a starting gig unless he's made some game appearances and performed well. He's had nine attempts in his career. That's just not enough.

(For instance, Schaub had over 160 before his move and Flynn had over 75 before his - and I'm pretty sure Seattle wishes they had kept that money.)

if he does leave,i wish him well.he hasn't shown anything yet. teams have failed miserably in thinking the back-up qb on a team with a great starting qb can do well. scott mitchell is the poster child for this.

I thought they were looking for more of a vertical offense in Cleveland? If so, I don't see that being a great scheme fit for Chase.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom