Adam Caplan thinks the Browns should go after Chase Daniel (1 Viewer)

He deserves a shot, if somebody will take a chance on him. No need in us acting like Jim Harbaugh. Besides, Brees has enough time left to train-up another 2nd String QB.

I think the Chase comparison to Colt McCoy is about right. He really hasn't shown much as a Saint and I don't see how a change of scenery would help. I think a QB needy team offers him about the same as we would, and he leaves because he would compete for a starting job.

McCoy got the chance to start and have plays called for him. Daniel hasn't.

Daniel probably doesn't get very many snaps in practice due to the limited amount of time that they have so its difficult to evaluate him. I'm sure that he's better than most think but I'm not sure of how good.

He should atleast go somewhere he can compete for a job or behind someone who gets injured alot. He has no chance here.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

He has been talking him up for a few days now. I am not sure why? I have not seen anything consistent from Chase to warrant a starting gig. He may have the tools, but not sure when he has exhibited enough for Caplan to be so confident.

His College career would support him getting a chance and his backing up Drew and learning from the Saint coaches should warrant him getting his gig.

Go for it Browns! ... and good luck Chase!

He was a nice cheap back-up for a while, but I never viewed him as a legit heir to Brees... Now or next year will be a good time to draft another late round QB for Payton to coach up for a few years.

i think if he has a chance to prove himself to be good quarterback then he should take it i mean he already has a ring then who knows maybe he can lead his team to a superbowl and maybe then he will prove everybody wrong

Chase is a good player, he has always lit it up in the preseason and whenever the game and records were done so Brees could come out. It will be hard to find as capable of a backup QB if he goes.

Not sure how I feel about the McCoy comparison. I feel like Chase is a bit bigger (McCot just looks frail), stronger and a better runner. Granted, that doesn't always equate to "better", but I don't think the comparison is spot-on.

Then who's going to keep track of our stats? I hear will smith thinks that he fits into the new scheme.

Not sure how I feel about the McCoy comparison. I feel like Chase is a bit bigger (McCot just looks frail), stronger and a better runner. Granted, that doesn't always equate to "better", but I don't think the comparison is spot-on.

same here i dont really know how to take it but he really hasent played much except in preseason so i dont really know know but i believe if he has a chance he will play better then colt mccoy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom