Adam Lanza Motivated by Norway Masacre (1 Viewer)

Step back for a second and look at what is going on. Blame video games, blame guns, blame this and that. The only entity that is not receiving blame is the pharmaceutical companies that sell the mind altering drugs the kid was maxed out on. Mental health is now a market for drug companies. The amazing thing is that the antidepressant drugs have been proven to be no more effective than placebo. Here is a fun fact for you. All a drug manufacturer has to do is to have 2 successful randomized clinical trials to put a drug on the market. There may have been 100 trials that were unsuceessful but the 2 get you ito the market. Fun fact #2 randomized clinical trials are a sham. The participants know which group they are in (80%) and are responding to the side effects of the drug.

We need to fix the mental health sector and get the drug lobbiests out of the picture.

Fun fact #2 randomized clinical trials are a sham. The participants know which group they are in (80%) and are responding to the side effects of the drug.

That may be true in some cases, but it's not true in the psoriasis trials I've participated in.

Step back for a second and look at what is going on. Blame video games, blame guns, blame this and that. The only entity that is not receiving blame is the pharmaceutical companies that sell the mind altering drugs the kid was maxed out on. Mental health is now a market for drug companies. The amazing thing is that the antidepressant drugs have been proven to be no more effective than placebo. Here is a fun fact for you. All a drug manufacturer has to do is to have 2 successful randomized clinical trials to put a drug on the market. There may have been 100 trials that were unsuceessful but the 2 get you ito the market. Fun fact #2 randomized clinical trials are a sham. The participants know which group they are in (80%) and are responding to the side effects of the drug.

We need to fix the mental health sector and get the drug lobbiests out of the picture.

And that's the problem. All ppl want to do is blame another person as to why things are happening. No ownership and saying you know what? I'm tired of hearing this. It's not the guns the games the drugs. It's the lack of responsibility of individuals to take ownership and suffer major, harsh consequences. Period.

They say Lanza honed his shooting skills by playing these violent game...hell...if that's the case...I should be elite like Brees from all the Madden I've played....watch out Drew...I'm coming to get ya....

They say Lanza honed his shooting skills by playing these violent game...hell...if that's the case...I should be elite like Brees from all the Madden I've played....watch out Drew...I'm coming to get ya....
Whomever "they" is, is an idiot.... Eddie Van Halen should be careful with all the guitar hero champions as well....

Media getting a pass again, while we go after video games.

Obviously Breivik's sensationalized story had a huge impact on this kid. Its pretty clear he thought he was in direct competition with his death toll. I think the media needs to be more responsible in the way they report these massacre's. Very little attention should be given to these guys, but its reversed, they get all the attention.

Without looking it up, can anyone tell me who Dylan Klebold is? How about Eric Harris?

I know these two names and am unlikely to ever forget in my life. Without looking it up I can not tell you the name of one victim shot at columbine high school.

I do not think death tolls should be headlines, I do not think these murderers should get even an ounce of attention, outside of the initial identification. I think a few respectful stories about the victims, to honor their memories and that's it.

The media is not gonna report that the media is the problem tho. So next time when someone goes into a preschool to off a couple 4 year olds. Then they tell you they did it because they saw Adam Lanza's story, and wanted to top his death toll, we get to point the finger at video games. Or attack peoples 2nd amendment rights (For the record, I think stricter back round checks should be enforced) But limiting magazine sizes when anyone within a few hours or training can get pretty good at reloading Not to mention someone entering a school ready to murder people, and die themselves, is probably gonna give little thought to using a "banned" 30 round clip. (they will still be out there on the streets, don't kid yourself) Laws and legislation only effect law abiding citizens.

I agree so much.

I have cried and shouted for YEARS that the problem is the media. These murderers become folk heroes, while the rest of the people become sheep to the political propaganda that is pushed by the media.

except they didn't say that at all

"Sources say Lanza spent countless hours there alone, in a private gaming room with the windows blacked out, honing his computer shooting skills."

Police: 'Mere speculation' that Adam Lanza was motivated by obsession with other mass killers

By Pete Williams, NBC News

A Connecticut state police spokesman calls it "mere speculation" at this point to say what motivated Adam Lanza to commit the Sandy Hook school shooting.

Bob Orr of CBS attributed to "law enforcement sources" Monday night a theory that Lanza saw himself as being in competition with Anders Breivik, the man who killed 77 people in Norway two years ago, many of them teenagers at a summer camp. The story said Lanza wanted to kill even more people and went to the school because it was an easy target.

But Lt. Paul Vance, Connecticut State Police spokesman, says investigators "are a long way" from determining what motivated Lanza. The notion that it was an obsession with Breivik, Vance says, "is mere speculation."

[...]

Another law enforcement official said Lanza had collected material on previous mass shootings. "But there was nothing that outlined his plans or said that he was trying to outdo a previous shooting," the official said.

Police: 'Mere speculation' that Adam Lanza was motivated by obsession with other mass killers - U.S. News

I speculate the media speculated that the government speculated that Lanza killed to top another murderer and then speculate its all guns fault to speculate its anything other than that. It's all speculation you see....? ;)

I speculate the media speculated that the government speculated that Lanza killed to top another murderer and then speculate its all guns fault to speculate its anything other than that. It's all speculation you see....? ;)

That's just speculation

except they didn't say that at all

"Sources say Lanza spent countless hours there alone, in a private gaming room with the windows blacked out, honing his computer shooting skills."

Isn't that bad enough? I almost spit out my coffee this morning when I heard this quote on the radio. Or I would have almost, had I been drinking coffee.

I just want to know how Computer "shooting skills" translate into real-world shooting skills, or why it's relevant to the story that he was a crack-shot with a high-powered assault mouse.

Really? They're going to blame videogames again? That is getting old, I've played some extremely violent videogames all my life and its never "motivated" me to go kill all kind of people.

I played Mortal Kombat when it was new. I played Doom when it was new and I played Shadowman when it was new which is probably the most screwed up game I've ever played in terms of violence.

Adam Lanza played ME3, come on man, thats crap compared to the amount of violence in some of the games i've played.

Were you a socially awkward, mentally unstable, frequently bullied person on mind-altering medications with easy access to guns which your mom frequently took you to gun ranges to practice with?

I think what we clearly had here was a toxic combination.

Simply stating "I played violent video games and turned out okay" doesn't seem to fit here. You're not a pyschopath and you can't compare yourself to a person like Adam Lanza. Violent video games can be hypnotizing for a weak-minded person like Lanza and turn death/murder into something trivial.

Well I guess the virtual world has now become reality and there is absolutely no difference in the 2. Whatever you've expertly done virtually, you're a top notch guru in reality. Sums it up perfectly!

Media getting a pass again, while we go after video games.

Obviously Breivik's sensationalized story had a huge impact on this kid. Its pretty clear he thought he was in direct competition with his death toll. I think the media needs to be more responsible in the way they report these massacre's. Very little attention should be given to these guys, but its reversed, they get all the attention.

Without looking it up, can anyone tell me who Dylan Klebold is? How about Eric Harris?

I know these two names and am unlikely to ever forget in my life. Without looking it up I can not tell you the name of one victim shot at columbine high school.

I do not think death tolls should be headlines, I do not think these murderers should get even an ounce of attention, outside of the initial identification. I think a few respectful stories about the victims, to honor their memories and that's it.

The media is not gonna report that the media is the problem tho. So next time when someone goes into a preschool to off a couple 4 year olds. Then they tell you they did it because they saw Adam Lanza's story, and wanted to top his death toll, we get to point the finger at video games. Or attack peoples 2nd amendment rights (For the record, I think stricter back round checks should be enforced) But limiting magazine sizes when anyone within a few hours or training can get pretty good at reloading Not to mention someone entering a school ready to murder people, and die themselves, is probably gonna give little thought to using a "banned" 30 round clip. (they will still be out there on the streets, don't kid yourself) Laws and legislation only effect law abiding citizens.

You know I understand the arguments saying that guns aren't to blame. I understand that banning them is illegal and that it won't stop criminals. I understand that people need to rationalize their own beliefs to make them feel better about their opinions, but blaming the media for what happened in these mass killings is no more reasonable than blaming the video games or the guns.

It's a combination of things including, first and foremost, a disturbed person who is influenced or excited by certain things like guns and video games. Then, it's access to the gun or weaponry combined with an absence of detection or mental health screening.

It's not the guns or the games or the media. It's all of them combined with disturbed people, access to weapons and motivation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom