Adam Schefter and Solomon Wilcots both just said... (1 Viewer)

TideSaint

All-Pro
Reaction score
on NFL Total Access that Lance Briggs to the Saints makes the most sense. It certainly would help solve one of the major questions on defense for us.

schefter is messing with kirwan and those other guys. schef knows way more than they do, and he is heckling them. i get the impression we are favorites for briggs now, and samuel is out.

Shefter also suggested that he doesn't believe that the Saints might give the money that Samuel is looking for to him while talking to Mike Florio and Pat Kirwan. By the way, Kirwan also speculated that Tampa or New Orleans could land Briggs. They seem to agree that New Orleans was going to be VERY aggressive this off-season.

might make sense but well see if we go after him. or if he wants to be in NO. hopefully so.

Is he SLB or WLB?

If we get Vilma, he's a WLB. If we do not, I could see them trying him at MLB. He's not a SLB in any case.

DefensePlease, I agree. Shefter seemed to be toying with those guys knowing that he has the most solid inside info.

My take is that if the Saints do not pursue Samuel, it likely has more to do with not wanting to be charged with tampering since everyone has speculated all week about us getting him than it does with their own disinterest in him.

Briggs would be a great signing. If could somehow get them both, that would be even better! I am so HAPPY we did not give Faine a big contract and, instead, are pursuing guys who have proven themselves to be big-time players in this league.

"slb. if vilma lands. fujita vilma briggs"

Fujita is SLB.

He'd be a better addition for us if he plays WLB, that way there's no weakness. If hes SLB we still need an upgrade for Shanle.

HOLY HELL. Fujita, Vilma, Briggs. That would completely change our defense. Our LBing corps would go from worst to one of the best.

"slb. if vilma lands. fujita vilma briggs"

Fujita is SLB.

He'd be a better addition for us if he plays WLB, that way there's no weakness. If hes SLB we still need an upgrade for Shanle.

Briggs is a WLB. He would be an upgrade over Shanle. He's not a SLB.

Rich, sorry for the confusion. Vilma is a MLB and a far greater fit for the 4-3. I did, however, mean that Briggs would play on the weakside if the trade for Vilma is consummated.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom