Adam Schefter from NFL Network on WWL {merged} (1 Viewer)

he said he doesn't think Duece is coming back as a Saint!!!!!

that's not exactly what was said just prior.... saying it was just a guess but wouldnt' be without a restructure.. Mike d has said as much.. nothing new.

What he said was that he thought Deuce wouldn't be back WITHOUT A RESTRUCTURE.....which is pretty old news. Mike D has been sayin' that for months.

What he said was that he thought Deuce wouldn't be back WITHOUT A RESTRUCTURE.....which is pretty old news. Mike D has been sayin' that for months.

Shoot, even Mickey Loomis almost spelled this out. He was quoted as saying that we would love to have Deuce back, but a lot of that depends on upcoming contract talks.

The Saints don't want to pay him roster bonuses without seeing that he has recovered. Deuce is due a roster bonus in a few weeks.

Did they follow up by asking him where Deuce would get more money if he did not restructure with the saints? This is why I think Deuce will restructure his deal with the saints and finish his career in Black and Gold.

He was guessing that Deuce would be cut, so he doesn't know for sure. With 2 knee surgeries in 3 years plus his high cap number, we all knew it was possible he may be cut. I read somewhere Coach Payton said he wanted Deuce back. This is going to be a tough call not just because of his football skills, but because of his character/leadership/locker room presence. I think if he restructures the Saints will give him a fair and good deal.

Deuce has value to the Saints off the field as well as on the field. He will be a Saint this season. The money won't be a factor this season. Next season is a completely different story.

I think that it would be fair of Deuce to defer his roster bonus until he starts practicing with the team. I just wonder if that is all they are asking him to do. If they ask him to take an additional pay cut, that may not be fair until they see if he can produce.

I hope so, otherwise I'd bet he gets cut. I think we'd be surprised to see how many offers Deuce would get.

He will get plenty..I don't think anyone would dispute that. But none of the offers will be close to what he's getting paid now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom