Adam Schefter just discussed Sean Payton's coaching status (1 Viewer)

Look, I love Payton, will never forget what he did for this franchise and city.

At the end of the day though, he has had 3 straight losing or .500 seasons and we have a near .500 record over the past 5 seasons with one of the best QB's to ever play the game.

I can't think of any of the top 10 QB's in history to have a streak like that. Either Brees is overrated or we've had a serious coaching problem.

I think Payton has earned another season but if this team doesn't make a serious run next season we have to move on.

I would say the same thing, no playoffs next year and it maybe the best time to mutually part ways. If he leaves this year that would answer if he thinks he's been here too long and wants to pull a Parcells and go before it gets to a win or else situation.

That being said, who would you like to see take over? I'm trying to think of good up and coming guys not retreads.

I would say the same thing, no playoffs next year and it maybe the best time to mutually part ways. If he leaves this year that would answer if he thinks he's been here too long and wants to pull a Parcells and go before it gets to a win or else situation.

That being said, who would you like to see take over? I'm trying to think of good up and coming guys not retreads.

I would hate to lose him this year because this team really seems to be heading the right direction but if it happened. Tom Coughlin

Is it too much to ask that people communicate at slightly higher than a second grade level? Can we at least pretend we all graduated from high school?
Yes as a matter of fact it is.

I'm sure there is a MENSA Saints board somewhere in the webz where you can wallow in the warmth of proper grammar.

You added nothing to this thread and just sought to call him out. You have a history of this.

Maybe time you ease up a bit ??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

We have three potential candidates in house already:

Pete Carmichael Jr (45y) - OC
Dennis Allen (44y) - DC (prior HC experience)
Dan Campbell (40y) - TE / Asst. HC (interim HC experience)

For those that want to go a different direction Josh McDaniels is only 40 and Tomlin is currently 44 (took over in his late 30's, though he's definitely not available). I would inquire about Mike Zimmer (60y) depending on how much the Viking soured on him this year. The question is how much supporting staff turnover there would be and how many coaches would follow Sean P to wherever he goes. Particularly on the defensive side because it seems DA has us trending in the right direction. We have a lot of quality position coaches, particularly DB's and Bill Johnson is growing on me as well as Roushar and Lombardi.

I'm not advocating we trade Coach Payton, particularly because I think we are trending up, but there have been some mgt issues over the past few years that breed these rumors (special teams, HOF QB yet 3 consecutive disappointing seasons). 2017 is definitely make or break, but unfortunately there are several potentially interesting openings for him to consider and if we're going full rebuild for post-Brees, let the new HC have a shot at establishing the culture in 2017 with an eye on the 2018 QB draft class which should be better than this years.

I don't get all this confidence in Pete C. He just seems like a spineless Payton yes man. I have zero confidence in Pete C. running this team as HC.:idunno:

I think Dan Campbell would be better than Pete Jr.

If Loomis were to trade Sean Payton, then Loomis needs to be the next to go. There is no way the Saints will get a coach in Payton's class at this time.
What "class" is Payton in, four horrible seasons in a row. You are what your record says you are. I hope he moves on.

What many need to realize, we will not top the first six years of this FO no matter what. We're not going to back to back NFCCGs or having back to back division titles. We are what Manning was at the tail end of his career. A fresh face could help Brees finish on a high note just as good as Payton can. When Benson loses the dispute and the kids get Goodell involved, Loomis and Payton could be gone then.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom