Adam Schefter just discussed Sean Payton's coaching status (1 Viewer)

Larry Holder needs to stop. Its starting to just look silly, he and LaConfora are just spouting off whatever sounds good at the time at this point.

LaConfora is a joke of a sports journalist. He usually repeats what Adam Schefter reported 15 minutes earlier. Or he just throws darts at the board and makes up some kind of bs to get people to listen to him.

Pretty clear to me Payton is ready to move on, the saints are publicly putting out feelers for trade compensation, or both. Either way, I'm tired of this end of year speculation going on.

Just out of curiosity, why is it "clear" to you?

I think there is a real possibility all this is true. LA opening up and having a job right now would be hard for Sean to pass up. He's been here over a decade and with 3 straight losing seasons he might be ready for a change in his life. I don't even think we should be mad if he leaves.

Trust me I would love to give him one more season but I definitely don't want a coach who isn't 100% committed to the franchise . If he even has an inkling of a doubt about staying here we are probably headed for another. 500 season. Yeah it sucks he might not stick around for his rebuild but we still have an all pro talent QB and a ton of young excellent talent. With an awesome trade to LA we could get great picks and hopefully lure a decent coach here if this does happen.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

There are two national "insiders" reporting this and both of them have proven that they have no knowledge of what is going on inside the Saints organization. Take it with a grain of salt.

Also consider that Shefter, while not as "inside" as Jay Glazer is with the Saints, has reported the exact opposite. His track record in general is much better than the two others who are reporting this nonsense.

I didn't hear the Glazer report. ..Im like you..I trust him more than the other 2

I find it best, when reading these headlines, to substitute the word 'reports' for 'speculates wildly'. That tends to put them in their proper perspective.

e.g. "Insider Ian Rapaport reports Payton may soon leave Saints" becomes "Insider Ian Rapaport speculates wildly Payton may soon leave Saints"

Just out of curiosity, why is it "clear" to you?

Although I still believe Payton's interest in leaving last year was very real, I was willing to chalk up last year's smoke as Payton making a play for a long term deal, which he secured (to his credit) despite back to back losing seasons and a roster devoid of depth.

Now only one year removed from that and there's more smoke?? Payton non denial when asked, loomis' wise silence, last year's song and dance, and now 2 reports lead me to believe it's clear this is not a baseless speculative report. It will be easy for both parties to deny after the fact, but there's clearly something going on.

Although I still believe Payton's interest in leaving last year was very real, I was willing to chalk up last year's smoke as Payton making a play for a long term deal, which he secured (to his credit) despite back to back losing seasons and a roster devoid of depth.

Now only one year removed from that and there's more smoke?? Payton non denial when asked, loomis' wise silence, last year's song and dance, and now 2 reports lead me to believe it's clear this is not a baseless speculative report. It will be easy for both parties to deny after the fact, but there's clearly something going on.

Only smoke I see is coming from Payton...he hates a snitch and I think he's in the process of smokin one out.

Here is what is happening:

Other teams are calling the Saints asking about Sean Payton's availability.

Loomis then laughs hysterically and hangs up the phone.

You then have two types of reporters...

Type 1: CRAPsheet and friends who do nothing but spam clickbait tabloid headlines.
Type 2: Schefter and friends who do their research before posting something.

:9:

Jay glazer just reported Payton is linked to other jobs and that there is interest. Looks like this is getting real

Okay. Nick Underhill is tweeting about Jay Glazer saying there's interest elsewhere for Payton. And if Payton jumps, it'd be for a hot job.

Now I might be ready to buy some of this.

Jay glazer just reported Payton is linked to other jobs and that there is interest. Looks like this is getting real

But I think he meant that if there's interest, it's from Payton. Loomis would have to be on board as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom