Adam Schefter just discussed Sean Payton's coaching status (1 Viewer)

Domefan504

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Adam Schefter on ESPN just briefly discussed Sean Payton's coaching situation with the Saints with black Monday tomorrow. He said Mickey Loomis makes the call and it sounds like Sean Payton will be back next season. Loomis want to keep Payton.

Good news!

As almost everybody has been saying, Sean is going nowhere. We are almost finished our rebuilding and ready to compete for another Lombardi. These reports are just media guys trying to get clicks.

Larry Holder needs to stop. Its starting to just look silly, he and LaConfora are just spouting off whatever sounds good at the time at this point.

I just heard it as well. He really did not say nothing to be honest you.

I just heard it as well. He really did not say nothing to be honest you.

That means he said something. To not say nothing means he didn't say nothing, so he must have said something. Which did you mean to say?

Adam is much higher up on the list than Rapsheet and La Canfora. The latter two seem to have been the only two reporting anything about Sean leaving. Makes me wonder if they are getting false information purposefully. If so, LOL.

Larry Holder needs to stop. Its starting to just look silly, he and LaConfora are just spouting off whatever sounds good at the time at this point.

Holder is terrible. He just latches on to what others say and does no research himself.

If Loomis were to trade Sean Payton, then Loomis needs to be the next to go. There is no way the Saints will get a coach in Payton's class at this time.

There are so many aspects of this story--hopefully a non-story--that I find distasteful. First of all, it makes the Saints sound like a farm team. Of course, any coach would want to use the Saints as a stepping stone to something bigger and better, which would be any other team in the NFL because New Orleans is a backwater. It is surprising how prevalent this attitude is around the country.

Second, the whole attitude of journalism these days seems to consist of putting out a story with inadequate or indeed non-existent peer review. This kind of sloppiness is being fostered by tweeters and bloggers with no editorial oversight. On this site there is actually higher integrity. If someone posts information, someone else will call for a source, usually a link. In the world of blogs and tweets, however, writers just put stuff out there, often total nonsense or fabrication.

Instead, journalists need to specify whether the stuff is speculation or whether it's actually based on something substantial. If you read "All the President's Men" or saw the movie, you would observe that the reporters' work was subjected to careful scrutiny. Such care is largely absent nowadays.

I just heard that there's mutual interest. ..I believe Payton may be on the way to the Rams....we will see...

There are so many aspects of this story--hopefully a non-story--that I find distasteful. First of all, it makes the Saints sound like a farm team. Of course, any coach would want to use the Saints as a stepping stone to something bigger and better, which would be any other team in the NFL because New Orleans is a backwater. It is surprising how prevalent this attitude is around the country.

Second, the whole attitude of journalism these days seems to consist of putting out a story with inadequate or indeed non-existent peer review. This kind of sloppiness is being fostered by tweeters and bloggers with no editorial oversight. On this site there is actually higher integrity. If someone posts information, someone else will call for a source, usually a link. In the world of blogs and tweets, however, writers just put stuff out there, often total nonsense or fabrication.

Instead, journalists need to specify whether the stuff is speculation or whether it's actually based on something substantial. If you read "All the President's Men" or saw the movie, you would observe that the reporters' work was subjected to careful scrutiny. Such care is largely absent nowadays.

Agreed 100% :9:

I just heard that there's mutual interest. ..I believe Payton may be on the way to the Rams....we will see...

There are two national "insiders" reporting this and both of them have proven that they have no knowledge of what is going on inside the Saints organization. Take it with a grain of salt.

Also consider that Shefter, while not as "inside" as Jay Glazer is with the Saints, has reported the exact opposite. His track record in general is much better than the two others who are reporting this nonsense.

Here is what is happening:

Other teams are calling the Saints asking about Sean Payton's availability.

Loomis then laughs hysterically and hangs up the phone.

You then have two types of reporters...

Type 1: CRAPsheet and friends who do nothing but spam clickbait tabloid headlines.
Type 2: Schefter and friends who do their research before posting something.

Pretty clear to me Payton is ready to move on, the saints are publicly putting out feelers for trade compensation, or both. Either way, I'm tired of this end of year speculation going on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom