Adam Schefter Tweets Bush is starter (1 Viewer)

Reggie Bush is who I'm expecting. RT @EBMD14: @Adam_Schefter Who's startin<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://gotsaints.com/?tracker=4276"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://gotsaints.com/?tracker=4276" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>g at RB for New Orleans?

https://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter
hm, cant wait to see how this unfolds!
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Payton has already said "I don't think that's accurate" when asked if Hamilton would take over Mike Bells role with he and Thomas hurt.

Hamilton probably doesn't get many touches unless we get a lead late.

I know lol, I did the same thing, but Im really ready to see him get alot of carries for once. Maybe if he got into a rythm of getting steady carries he would get a feel, and bust loose of a few for 20 plus. I mean it's def. possible.

I think some of the fans like Hamilton for what he hasn't done.

:covermyeyes:
What would that be? Anything? Amazing how little TDs and helping a team win is discounted on this board if a player does not light up your fantasy league. It's the same was when the fans always yelled for Stabler, Fourcade, Tolliver, Shuler, etc. Some fans always want the guy on the bench who has yet to show anything.

What would that be? Anything? Amazing how little TDs and helping a team win is discounted on this board if a player does not light up your fantasy league. It's the same was when the fans always yelled for Stabler, Fourcade, Tolliver, Shuler, etc. Some fans always want the guy on the bench who has yet to show anything.

I think he's saying some people like Hamilton because he's an unknown, hasn't shown bad tendencies yet, or whatever.

Since he hasn't actually played in an NFL game people are projecting what they want Hamilton to do vs. what he may actually do.

Every backup is a pro-bowler until proven otherwise to some I guess...

I don't think anyone will argue that Reggie hasn't looked himself; while he has in the past shied away from contact he made up for it with his explosiveness.

I'm not seeing that explosiveness on runs or returns. He looked slow and indecisive.

That run he had out of the endzone could have easily been called called a safety.

And on a couple of the returns it looked like he waited on the coverage team to get their feet set before he made a move.

Maybe, just maybe, he's not 100%.

I do know this, we need to have him on the field; he's a huge threat that defenses must respect. He's always capable of bringing one to the house, which opens up our offense.

I hated to see Bell go down, he ran hard and sustained drives; I hope he gets well soon. The problem I have with PT (and its not so much a problem) is he didn't hammer/punish the defense or pickup short yardage. I know we have a few PT supporters here and I'm not trying to ruffle feathers but there's a reason Bell and Hamilton were brought in (or for that matter Beanie Wells was made an option). Injury or not PT was going to have to prove himself. This offense doesn't need a 1000 rusher, what it needs is a back that will balance the offense and keep the defense on its heels.

Payton has shown that he owes allegiance to no one [and I love it! its so Bill Belichick]. Regardless of what PT did last year (a non playoff year) he's got to prove he can pickup where Mike Bell left off - sustaining drives and taking time off the clock.

I know lol, I did the same thing, but Im really ready to see him get alot of carries for once. Maybe if he got into a rythm of getting steady carries he would get a feel, and bust loose of a few for 20 plus. I mean it's def. possible.

Actually, I agree. All RB's need carries to get a feel for the blocking and what the defense is giving them. Reggie is so "feast and famine" that it's hard to get him a lot of touches. If our defense plays well and gives us good field position, I think we will see a lot of Reggie up the middle. If he stays healthy and doesn't fumble, we'll be in for a treat.

Or the guy who has never fumbled, been stoned, or ran backward in a real NFL game.

Good! Sean Payton needs to use Reggie just as he'd use Mike Bell. We've still never seen Reggie get the opportunity to be a real featured runningback. Just twice in his career has he carried the ball 20 or more times in a game! Twice! How can anybody possible say he can't play the role of a typical runningback when he's never even had the chance to be one.

Reggie has always been the starter. Why is this a hard concept to understand?

I know right...we keep talking about this and every week since he arrived he has been the starter....he was the starter the first two games this year...your either blind or in denial if you dont realize this by now..REGGIE BUSH IS THE STARTING RUNNINGBACK FOR THE NEW ORLEANS SAINTS....PT and Bell have there role on the team as far as the running game goes...but if you WATCHED the Saints, you would see who the starting back is and has been.

Don't kid yourself, Reggie is not afraid of contact. When there is contact, he doesn't automatically keep his legs moving. That's too bad, because he can really move the pile when he remembers to keep his legs moving.

Sorry dude, I have never seen Reggie move the pile. I don`t know if he is afraid of contact but he surely does shi away from it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom