Adam Schefter Tweets Bush is starter (1 Viewer)

i expect reggie to get like 15 carries (if he has some success), to me, he's looked good on couple of run plays at the end of the lions game and the long run against phillies.

I like Schefter, but I think he's just flying by the seat of his pants here. I follow him on Twitter, and he's much more informal and loose with his opinions than he is on television. Anyway, I strongly doubt it's based on any first-hand info, just his own hunch.

bush seems to be afraid to be hit ... he seems a receiver ... bell is a RB

Don't kid yourself, Reggie is not afraid of contact. When there is contact, he doesn't automatically keep his legs moving. That's too bad, because he can really move the pile when he remembers to keep his legs moving.

Hamilton has proven not a thing from his college career against poor competition to some workmanlike, but not stellar, preseason performance against third-string defenders, to his exactly zero carries for zero yards in games that count.

Maybe he just needs a single opportunity?

Last edited:
My, my...what will our brethren say if Reggie torches the Bill's D for 150+ yards tomorrow?

Last edited:
"Starting" in Payton's Offense means little to nothing. It's more of ceremonial honor than actually meaning something. It means Reggie will be on the field for the opening series. Robert Meachem and Dave Thomas among others aren't "starters" but will be a big part of the game Sunday. If PT's healthy enough he'll play a big role. If not Lynell Hamilton will get his chance to shine (I don't think Hamilton was kept on the 53 man roster just to take up a roster space). Should be interesting to see what Payton's cooked up.......

"Starting" in Payton's Offense means little to nothing. It's more of ceremonial honor than actually meaning something.

The implication was "who will be getting Mike Bell's carries." In fact, Schefter was asked that question in another tweet and answered that he thinks it would be Reggie Bush.

Regardless, I think he's just speculating. He's much more laissez-faire on Twitter. I expect to see a lot of Pierre Thomas in this game with Reggie playing the same role he's played in the first two weeks.

well, I hope hamilton is the starter ... really ... he is the 2nd best running back on this team ... and u guys will see it sunday ...

reggie can run but he can loose yds running ... bell cant ... and I think hamilton is closer to bell than bush to bell

so ... I go with hamilton!

pierre is injuried and really, I dont expect much
Let's at least be serious. Hamilton played one good game in preseason and all of a sudden, he has passed Bush and Thomas as our "best RBs?" The "fickle-ness" of some on this board is really hard to grasp sometimes.

Good! I wanna see Reggie get alot of carries for once. Whether he does good or not, it's time for him to shine!

Let's at least be serious. Hamilton played one good game in preseason and all of a sudden, he has passed Bush and Thomas as our "best RBs?" The "fickle-ness" of some on this board is really hard to grasp sometimes.

I think some of the fans like Hamilton for what he hasn't done.

Whether he does good or not, it's time for him to shine!

:covermyeyes:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom