Buddy D lives FOREVER!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
:lit-journal-18392:

drum roll please......

Schein's 9 Nuggets...

1. Saints general manager Mickey Loomis tells us that he anticipates that cornerback Mike McKenzie can be healthy enough for training camp in the hot Jackson, Miss. sun. That's major news after McKenzie's ACL surgery. McKenzie was having an outstanding season before his suffered the injury and would look great teamed with free-agent addition Randall Gay.

And write this one down — Jonathan Vilma is going to be a great player in New Orleans this year back in the 4-3. That was a brilliant trade for the Saints. It instantly improves the Saints defense. And Vilma reports he should be 100 percent physically for training camp.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7904692/Bears-falling-further-behind-NFC-North-foes

Great News......now lets wait for the people who like to think the opposite when reading news on the Saints.........

Would be huge to have these guys ready to go for week 1. If our line stays healthy and performs up to their contracts then we will suprise alot of people. It takes a balanced team to win consistantly in this league. We were way too dependent on Brees and the offense last year..

Would be huge to have these guys ready to go for week 1. If our line stays healthy and performs up to their contracts then we will suprise alot of people. It takes a balanced team to win consistantly in this league. We were way too dependent on Brees and the offense last year..

Perform up to there contracts?

Perform up to there contracts?

You can't tell me you were satisfied with Grant's play last season. Thomas was resigned before last year too and he couldn't stay on the field for a number of different reasons. Smith is going to demand a big contract after this season no matter what so I expect him to produce alot more than he did last year if he wants to remain in New Orleans.

Good moves so far and I always thought that MM would be ready to go. Even with Mike ready to go we still need DB help. Just like an article that was posted earlier said, we have no problem against the run, it's the pass that is killing us. If Vilma, Fujita and Morgan start, you have three solid leaders. I remember Morgan calling the plays on defense for the Panthers and Vilma calling the plays for the Jets and Fujita called our plays for the last 2 years. So, this defense will be oozing with leadership qualities. All we need is one stud corneback and it is over for the other teams in the league. If we find that one corner I don't think anybody could stop us from getting to the SB. If you find a stuf cornerback you put him out there and let MM, Gay, David and anybody else fight for the other spot. We are really one player away from being dominant.

This is great news! I hope all the guessing is right and we have both in healthy for training camp. If we were able to keep MM, Vilma and Morgan healthy all year, our D will look significantly better. I do also think that we need to upgrade our DT spot. I LOVE Hollis, the guy has heart, but he just wasn't in shape and didn't do what we needed last year. Young is getting old. We need new blood there. Not that I don't appreciate what Young and Thomas did for us, but it's time...

You can't tell me you were satisfied with Grant's play last season. Thomas was resigned before last year too and he couldn't stay on the field for a number of different reasons. Smith is going to demand a big contract after this season no matter what so I expect him to produce alot more than he did last year if he wants to remain in New Orleans.

Regardless, he will produce in order to get the big FA contract, and after seeing Darren Howard, charles grant, I say let him go. we will get compensitory picks :ezbill:

Adam Schein is the best.

I've been saying this for years.

:worthy:
28655463wt7.jpg

'anticipate' and 'should' make me nervous

Not really sure what else he could say unless he can see the future really.. :idunno:

I think the same thing goes for EVERY player on EVERY roster... there are no guarantees with anybody staying healthy and producing.

Yeah I was....but I didnt blame it on his contract....I blamed it on him....:idunno:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom