Adam Trautman: How do you like the pick? (1 Viewer)

Adam Trautman: How do you like the pick

• Love it

Votes: 111 67.7%
  • Meh

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Hate it

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Too soon to tell

Votes: 36 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
People complaining about not having anymore picks is that for entertainment purposes because the Saints have a loaded team and filled needs in FA so these plyers are actually additions to an already loaded team, we needed talent at LB an got it, needed talent at TE and got it and the Saints always draft OL help and addressed that in the first round, where are the other holes on this team? There are none and the Saints weren't going to mortgage future picks to move up so they used what they had remaining to move up and draft the next Kelce / Kittle.

You know Colston was 14 years ago. One good pick in 14 years of 7th round picks. Those aren't very good odds.
This is the Ireland era. At the end of the day, I’ll get over the initial shock. I don’t need anyone to talk me off of a ledge. They are actually doing me a favor by not having to watch tomorrow

just because an analyst says they were surprised he was still on the board doesn’t mean he was worth all our remaining picks. I would have been surprised if he wasn’t still there when we picked anyway. I like the aggressiveness, but we got fleeced on this one. By Minnesota as well of all teams. An NFC Rival. Anybody has good highlights when a video is made specifically for that reason. He played low level college football. I wanted a TE, but I don’t like giving up everything we did too get one and only having 3 players to show for a deep draft. Instead we will rely on UDFAs for a CB and WR, who we have relied on too much in recent years and it has shown at times by the lack of quality depth we had at those positions.

I think this may have to do w/ $$ too, something may go down w/ Warford in a trade but they're also trying to keep Kamara and I wouldn't be surprised if they try to extend Davis soon.

We actually had Trautman graded higher than Baun, but because of the need, we moved on Baun first.

On the trade:
From 2016-2019, we only have two guys still on the team who was drafted in Round 5 or later. With our 2020 roster already loaded, I'm not going to pretend to care to be mad that we won't take someone tomorrow who I've never heard of that likely wouldn't have made the team.

On Trautman:
I won't pretend to act like I know enough about him. If Payton/Ireland liked him that much, their track record the last few years earns my trust.

Love the pick, don't like what it cost to move up much.

We actually had Trautman graded higher than Baun, but because of the need, we moved on Baun first.

That's interesting because according to 60Minutes, they were thinking about taking Baun at #24 when they took Ruiz. Sound like the Saints feel like they got 3 first round picks. I really hope they are right.

Does that mean that Trautman was in our bubble at 24 as well, then? 60minutes reported earlier that Baun would have been the pick if Ruiz was gone.

That's interesting because according to 60Minutes, they were thinking about taking Baun at #24 when they took Ruiz. Sound like the Saints feel like they got 3 first round picks. I really hope they are right.
Trautman and Baun were rated as high seconds. There was never any thought to taking Baun at 24.

Don't mind the pick. Hate the price paid. Payton during the draft has the self-control of a four year-old in a toy store. I am sure there are other coaches who have the similar mindset that I need this player regardless of the cost, but they are not their team's de facto general manager. And tomorrow we will be trading away more 2021 picks to replace what we traded away tonight.

The only two people I would have taken still left is Amik Robertson and Quez Watkins.
But maybe they won't go drafted and we can still get them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom