Adam Trautman (merged) (1 Viewer)

Yeah, I know it's hard to play down the fact that Trautman gave up an ill-timed turnover. Had we lost the game because of it the fans would be wanting some of his hide. But I do see some potential in the dude and feel like he's still an asset at the TE position. Obviously Payton thinks so too or else he would be riding the pine for sure.

Yeah, I know it's hard to play down the fact that Trautman gave up an ill-timed turnover. Had we lost the game because of it the fans would be wanting some of his hide. But I do see some potential in the dude and feel like he's still an asset at the TE position. Obviously Payton thinks so too or else he would be riding the pine for sure.
TQS approves of this post.

Glad to see he is finally starting to turn the corner he still has a ways to go, but at least we're seeing some much needed improvement from him.
You're going to get beat up for this post/thread, but I'll join you in taking the shots. He's not setting the world on fire, but he's improving and picked up a couple of first downs before the ill-timed fumble. And that's on him for not securing the ball. Sadly, too, because that was a nice dump off to him by Winston gained 8-9 yards on first down.

Also, after Kamara, Trautman was second with most yards on 3 receptions on 3 targets. Again, the fumble.

I've heard "bust" and "we need to cut him talk" but he's no where near that. Simply too much dwelling on the mistakes and disregarding the productive plays.

Rewatching the game and I'm not as mad about the fumble (probably because I know the final score). On that play, he secured the ball and was heading to the ground. The defender made a great play and hit him perfectly in the arm on the way down. That's also a slippery football in that scenario.

Here's hoping they keep using him and the board calms down on their Trautman bashing (although that MinnowMan joke is pretty good)

Well the other guys get paid also, and sometimes they also make great plays. He had both arms around the ball and the defender just got his head and shoulder in a spot where he dislodged the ball. It happens.

Maybe the better analysis is why JJ, with whom JW is supposed to have great chemistry is not getting many targets either. Game plan, coverages, match-ups, what the O-line is doing all factor in, so before we send this guy out the door perhaps we should let the season play out.

You're going to get beat up for this post/thread, but I'll join you in taking the shots. He's not setting the world on fire, but he's improving and picked up a couple of first downs before the ill-timed fumble. And that's on him for not securing the ball. Sadly, too, because that was a nice dump off to him by Winston gained 8-9 yards on first down.

Also, after Kamara, Trautman was second with most yards on 3 receptions on 3 targets. Again, the fumble.

I've heard "bust" and "we need to cut him talk" but he's no where near that. Simply too much dwelling on the mistakes and disregarding the productive plays.
You can already see the potential of his skillset in this offense. Since he is a capable inline blocker and line up as a blocker, he's going to get a ton of opportunities as teams won't know when he'll block or run a route and that will him make a great safety blanket against the rush as defenses will roll their attention to Kamara and Thomas.

It sucks that he's starting out of the gate so slow but I can see how he can be really effective in the short to intermediate game over time.

Best laugh I’ve had in a while. 👍👍
Please explain to me, aside from the fumble, what he did wrong? im not sure I can fault him on the fumble. He had both arms over the ball. Seems like he did everything right. But the defender hit his arm with his helmet, causing the fumble. It was more of a great/lucky shot by the defender than Trautman doing anything wrong. It’s obviously still a negative play. i just have a hard time blaming the guy for it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom