Add Aaron Rodgers to the list of QBs for Saints? (1 Viewer)

Amazes me the amount of people who would decline A Rod. Couldn’t care less if people think he’s an A hole. He’s one of the best in the league and the numbers he’s put up this year are insane. We would be spoilt to go from Drew Brees to another HOF QB. It won’t happen anyway but makes me laugh that people would turn their noses at Aaron Rodgers when he would keep us a serious contender and we currently have Winston or Hill. Neither of whom could lace his boots. Guaranteed people would change their tune if he was on the Saints and throwing 50 touchdowns to only 5 interceptions. And he isn’t too old at all. He’s 37, Drew is 42 & his body hasn’t shown any sign of slowing down. Don’t think it will for at least another 4 years either, if that.
Don't believe what those people say, LOL. Pure lies. They are lying to themselves

You people saying you don't want him are either lying, trying to stand on some moral high ground or are just plain insane.

Who cares about how he is off the field? Who cares if he is kind of an a-hole? Do you want to win? I do. I don't have to like the players on our team as people. I am not going hang out with them on weekends. Plus, his teammates love him. Get off your soap boxes.

There is a slim to none chance this happens, but I would absolutely take Aaron Rodgers. He could play here for 2-3 years while we continue to search for the future qb.

You people saying you don't want him are either lying, trying to stand on some moral high ground or are just plain insane.

Who cares about how he is off the field? Who cares if he is kind of an a-hole? Do you want to win? I do. I don't have to like the players on our team as people. I am not going hang out with them on weekends. Plus, his teammates love him. Get off your soap boxes.

There is a slim to none chance this happens, but I would absolutely take Aaron Rodgers. He could play here for 2-3 years while we continue to search for the future qb.
feel better now?

Buncha numbskulls here. I bet anything , Had we had Rodgers at QB with this Roster we'd be talking about a 3peat. I don't have to like the guy. Can he make the throws ? Can he buy Time ? Can he not throw stupid interceptions in big playoff games , again and again , and again.

Yes. You do it , because whatever parts you send off to get Rodgers , you get back in abundance with what he can do.

I agree. The guy is the favorite to win the MVP. Who here thinks the Saints would be worse by adding the MVP? I don’t care that he’s an Ahole. He’s the ahole who aced the Saints out of home field advantage. Come on, people.

If you have any queries about the calibre of Rodgers' character, you should read this article. Full of quotes from former teammates and team insiders. It is not a flattering depiction in the slightest.

bleacherreport.com/articles/2828649-what-happened-in-green-bay

If Rodgers has a problem, he rarely chooses to address it directly.

One person, who used to be close to the quarterback but has since been cut out of his life, describes Rodgers as forever "conflict-averse." As passive-aggressive to the extreme. As someone who'd rather stuff problems deep, deep down inside of him and pretend there's no issue rather than communicate those issues and strengthen relationships like this one with his coach.

Rodgers usually chose midgame tantrums over constructive conversations.

It was 2012, and the Packers were hosting the 49ers when, mid-timeout, cornerback Carlos Rogers playfully asked Jennings why he was running so many short routes.

"You know how it is," Jennings told him. "Contract year."

That's when Rodgers stepped in to say, per Jennings, "You guys should get him at the end of the year."

Come again?

Jennings walked back to the huddle speechless.

"I don't think he realizes what he said and the impact that it had," Jennings says. "Had the shoe been on the other foot and I said, 'Hey, man, I should come and play with your quarterback,' he would've been so offended by that. But when it comes out of his mouth—and we all know there's truth behind jokes—for him to say that and just act as though everything was the same? It just wasn't."

The next day, Jennings told his position coach, Edgar Bennett, he knew this was his last year in Green Bay. "That was my headspace," he admits.

He had been Rodgers' No. 1 receiver for four seasons running, racking up 4,619 receiving yards and 34 touchdowns from 2008-11. He was on the receiving end of Rodgers' iconic Super Bowl thread of the needle. He had opened his family's front door to Rodgers for Thanksgiving, for any day he'd ever want, because he knew his quarterback was alone in a new city.

And now Rodgers didn't want him around? Jennings felt betrayed.

One former Packers scout says Rodgers can be brutally tough on young players. Sometimes, it's necessary. Other times? Not so much.

The scout points to Jeff Janis, a 2014 seventh-round flier with rare size (6'3", 220 pounds) and speed (4.42 in the 40) who quickly became a fan favorite—and Rodgers' favorite whipping boy. It was enough to alarm the scout, even though he also wasn't high on Janis as a player.

"Janis got into the doghouse really quick, and he just never let him out," he says. "He didn't even give the kid a chance. And the tough part is Janis is actually a good person. And they used to dog him. Other people did what Aaron did. They used to dog Janis."

What does this doghouse look like? Easy. Rodgers can do no wrong. "He doesn't make a mistake. It's always the receiver's fault."

He is overly sensitive.

That word constantly comes up when you ask about Rodgers. Where to begin? "Sensitive is sensitive," Jennings begins. You hear what you want to hear. Perceive what you want to perceive. Nothing else matters.

To illustrate, he points to his own broken relationship with the quarterback, because he is confident that he's done everything in his power to mend it—while Rodgers has not, he punctuates, "by any stretch of the imagination."

Covering a Packers game as a member of the media, Jennings tried to get Rodgers' attention, but the quarterback refused to acknowledge him. Jennings spoke to McCarthy. He spoke to the trainers. He spoke to everyone he could to set up a man-to-man chat, no cameras around, and never heard a peep back. Not that he was surprised.

This is the same quarterback who scolded him for daring to speak to Brett Favre when Favre was a Viking. Jennings still remembers an incensed Rodgers saying to him after that 2009 game, "Why do you have to do that?" as if he were accusing Jennings of picking sides.

In Rodgers' world, as one former friend says, "When you're out, you're out." He eliminates anything he perceives to be negative. Famously, that included suddenly cutting off his family and close friends in 2014. He made a comment in December about celebrating his birthday with his "folks," but sources close to the family say that's incorrectly led many to believe they reconciled. They have not, and those who were cut out still can't understand why.

"I don't know how someone changes completely," one of them says. "That whole flip? For no reason? I can't even fathom how someone does that."

Last edited:
I know Danica was supporting Rodgers working towards a reconciliation with his family. Shes not around now...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom