Add Aaron Rodgers to the list of QBs for Saints? (2 Viewers)

That bit them in the butt this year didn’t it. Could of had another offensive weapon. Their WR core was weak

Packers actually did this when farve was QB. Rodgers road the bench for years. Paid off later with the SB win

It’s way worse though. Rodgers was considered a potential #1 overall pick and fell all the way to the packers in the 20’s. He was the only player left they had a 1st round grade on. They took BPA. In this case they traded up for Jordan Love. Totally different.

The Saints have a Ferrari sitting in the garage that's just begging for the right driver.

As Underhill has already shown, there is no QB the Saints can’t sign this off season if there’s a deal to be made.
I haven’t read the Underhill article, and I know he’s advocated for Stafford, but that Stafford deal is a good deal and $10MM/yr+ less than Rodgers cap hit. I just don’t see how we could afford it given what we have to do already just to get under the cap. We have a lot of dead money to contend with and manage around these next few years. I don’t see how this is possible without gutting the roster significantly

Not wanting Aaron Rodgers is pretty petty and poorly thought.

It’s way worse though. Rodgers was considered a potential #1 overall pick and fell all the way to the packers in the 20’s. He was the only player left they had a 1st round grade on. They took BPA. In this case they traded up for Jordan Love. Totally different.
Both taken in the first round. Both quarterbacks?

“Totally different”

Definitely not. Both taken for the same reason. To build later in the future.

I watch the Pat McAffee show sometimes and Rodgers is on there every week. To me he’s a very likable guy. He’s opinionated, yeah, but he’s thoughtful and intelligent and has self-awareness.

If Rodgers goes anywhere (which he won’t) then he’ll go to San Fran. He wanted too be drafted their originally and San Fran are in the market for a QB. They’ll mutually be interested in making a move and they’re in a far better position than us to do so. However, he will stay in GB.

Both taken in the first round. Both quarterbacks?

“Totally different”

Definitely not. Both taken for the same reason. To build later in the future.

Many had Rodgers going #1 overall. He fell all the way to the 20’s. He was the only player the packers had remaining graded as a 1st round pick. They had to take him. And it was a great pick. Love they gave up more picks to trade up and he wasn’t considered a top 5 overall pick by anyone. If you disagree, fine. It’s two totally different situations to me.

Last edited:
You don’t think Watson would jump at the chance to be taken out of the game multiple times so Taysom could come in and do his thing? 🤪

I think most QBs would want to play for Payton. For whatever reason Watson’s short list is defensive head coaches.

I haven’t read the Underhill article, and I know he’s advocated for Stafford, but that Stafford deal is a good deal and $10MM/yr+ less than Rodgers cap hit. I just don’t see how we could afford it given what we have to do already just to get under the cap. We have a lot of dead money to contend with and manage around these next few years. I don’t see how this is possible without gutting the roster significantly

This wasn’t anything to do with Stafford. I won’t post the entire article bc it’s a site you have to subscribe to. On his site he broke down how we could easily get under the cap and at the end he said the following

Attachments

• C03F3CC0-8A4F-44F9-9B39-A7DCAE797DFB.png
    C03F3CC0-8A4F-44F9-9B39-A7DCAE797DFB.png
    393.2 KB · Views: 23
This wasn’t anything to do with Stafford. I won’t post the entire article bc it’s a site you have to subscribe to. On his site he broke down how we could easily get under the cap and at the end he said the following

And that last statement indicates that it would make more sense to trade for a QB then to sign one as a FA. Trading for one could keep the 2021 cap hit with the trading team making it easier to deal with the Brees cap hit. It could get very interesting. We would stay a contender and more than likely be picked to battle it out with TB for the NFC.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom