Adrian Peterson: Drew Brees 'not a racist at all' (1 Viewer)

• Admin
By Matt Howe | 247 Sports

New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees has created quite the controversy for himself this week after he stated that despite the recent events in the country, he would never agree with anyone disrespecting the American flag by protesting it and the anthem. On Thursday, Brees came out and apologized publicly to his teammates and the rest of the NFL for his comments.

Earlier today, President Trump even weighed in on Brees’ comments, tweeting that “he should not have taken back his original stance on honoring our magnificent American Flag.”

After Redskins running back Adrian Peterson told reporters that he would be taking a knee “without a doubt” while helping families in need in Houston on Friday, he also weighed in on Brees’ comments from earlier this week.

“When I first seen it, I didn’t really know what to think,” Peterson said, via Mark Berman of FOX 26. “I didn’t want to make any judgments without seeing exactly the question that was asked to him. So once I seen the question that was asked, it was like he diverted and went straight to what he wasn’t going to participate in and what he stood for. I know Drew Brees. He’s not a racist at all, and I have a lot of love for him, but I think this was a situation where he should have thought it out more.

Full Story - 247 Sports

Dan

Dan

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom