Adrian Peterson rumor (1 Viewer)

JeffODW

Suffering Fan Invigorated
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Adrian Peterson has stated he wants to come back at 36 for another season.

I saw comments on a yahoo fantasy post about Kamara that Peterson was headed back to New Orleans; however, I also just searched with google and I cannot find any results with Saints and Peterson search terms in 2021.

Honestly I thought they were going to pick up D.freeman when the Ravens release him, but Peterson is in shape and apparently aiming for a return.

I suppose the 3rd or 4th depth RB should never factor in too much anyway, but if I recall he was well liked here albeit briefly.

The one from Georgia Southern?

We tried Oklahoma version.....didn't work

Didn't work the first time when Alvin was a rookie, but sure, now that he's one of the best RBs in the league, let's give it another shot? I don't think so.

I could see the Saints taking on Peterson (assuming all is good with Sean Payton) but it would mean the Saints had a Ravens-like spate of injuries at the RB spot. Alan12 is right on about special teams usage ... the Saints roster as currently constituted cannot support a third or fourth tailback not playing special teams, even at league minimum.

That's what makes the deep-end players on a roster so valuable. Washington can log 20 carries if ever needed in an extreme situation, and he also plays special teams every Sunday. Ty Montgomery can legitimately pinch-hit at both WR and RB -- and yes, plays special teams, too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom