Ads taking over screen (1 Viewer)

It was doing it last night but I’ve been fortunate so far today

No issues here. if you have these issues, it may be helpful to copy the ad link and get a screen shot so @Andrus can sebd to his IT cronies so they can dig up the culpret…assuming it’s on our end.

No issues here. if you have these issues, it may be helpful to copy the ad link and get a screen shot so @Andrus can sebd to his IT cronies so they can dig up the culpret…assuming it’s on our end.

Is there supposed to be ads or not? I have been getting tons of ads too.

Correct. I am surfing the site on my iPhone right now with no issues.

Is there supposed to be ads or not? I have been getting tons of ads too.

There are ads served here, otherwise we would be out of business. What there isn't supposed to be are intrusive ads (Pop-ups, Redirects, etc). From time to time an unscrupulous advertiser will sneak in a script and all ad hell breaks loose, which usually happens on iPhones and other mobile devices. When that happens I have to alert the Ad Ops so that they can tract down the culprit.

As always, if you become a Subscribing member, you don't have to worry about that because subscribers are not served ads.

I haven't seen any of the intrusive ads pop up on my iPhone as of yet.

Same this has been happening to me off an on. I’m on an iPhone as well. iPhone 6. It’s outdated so I thought maybe that was part of it.

Correct. I am surfing the site on my iPhone right now with no issues.

There are ads served here, otherwise we would be out of business. What there isn't supposed to be are intrusive ads (Pop-ups, Redirects, etc). From time to time an unscrupulous advertiser will sneak in a script and all ad hell breaks loose, which usually happens on iPhones and other mobile devices. When that happens I have to alert the Ad Ops so that they can tract down the culprit.

As always, if you become a Subscribing member, you don't have to worry about that because subscribers are not served ads.

I haven't seen any of the intrusive ads pop up on my iPhone as of yet.

Thanks, Andrus. I will look into becoming a subscribing member.

I didn’t know about the no ads thing as a subscriber. Count me in as subscribing. :9:

It's been happening to me on Android today. See attached screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211123-203644_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211123-203644_Chrome.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 13
It’s not a problem as long as I’m logged in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom