Advice Needed for our first game/Dome visit!! (1 Viewer)

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but we're flying in from CA on our first visit to the city(Dome) tonight and leave Tuesday. Planning on the WW2 museum at some point this weekend.. Any other "must see" places/events?

Bourbon street/ Frenchman street are fun. Great live jazz all round the french quarter. Ghost tours are decent. Pels games are cheap. I swear we are going to turn the season around any game now.

I Uber/Lyft every game now---just easier & you can imbibe a bit more freely. You said your son was going to be with you, but think about taking a victory lap from the Dome to the Roosevelt after the game. The lights inside the lobby are beautiful, you can have a drink there with the kid, and it gives you a 30-45 (or longer) minute cushion for the crowd to thin a bit and bring the ride prices down

Right now, on Hotwire, French Quarter 4 star hotels are $76 a night for Sunday and Monday.

I do this trip twice a year, YOU ABSOLUTELY want to stay in the Quarter, business district, warehouse district, even uptown......they all are walking/streetcar to the dome.

You never need your car the entire trip.

There’s NOTHING like waking up downtown on a game day, walking to the dome with everyone, walking back after to restaurants.....

Trust me, I’ve done this trip so many times......you definitely want to stay close.

There are great hotel prices for really nice hotels everywhere.

Right now, on Hotwire, French Quarter 4 star hotels are $76 a night for Sunday and Monday.

I do this trip twice a year, YOU ABSOLUTELY want to stay in the Quarter, business district, warehouse district, even uptown......they all are walking/streetcar to the dome.

You never need your car the entire trip.

There’s NOTHING like waking up downtown on a game day, walking to the dome with everyone, walking back after to restaurants.....

Trust me, I’ve done this trip so many times......you definitely want to stay close.

There are great hotel prices for really nice hotels everywhere.
I agree 100%, been going for over 25 yrs now, never needed a car

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom