Advice on getting autographs (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I wanted to get my Godchild a signed Michael Thomas picture because he is a big fan of his. Any advice on this would be helpful. Do people send stuff to the facility to be signed?

It wouldn’t hurt to send him a DM on Twitter and ask him.

Mini-camp is in a couple months. I've never been there when MT went to the fences to sign, but I've heard he does from time to time.

Send a picture to the organization with a sharpie and a prepaid Self addressed self stamped mailing envelope. I used to get a lot of cards signed that way.

I never get the draw of a signature.

Its very impersonal, and even more so when mailed in.

A handshake, a picture....that would seem to be much cooler.

I guess I get the draw of kids actually handing the item and pen to the player, that’s a nice moment.

But send it in? You don’t even know if some low level gopher boy signed 200 copies for the player.

I wanted to get my Godchild a signed Michael Thomas picture because he is a big fan of his. Any advice on this would be helpful. Do people send stuff to the facility to be signed?

You could try sending to the facility but I doubt you would ever get it back. Your best bet would probably be to join some Facebook autograph groups and buy a photo off of someone on there. There’s a Louisiana based one, just search Louisiana Autograph Collectors.

In his first and second training camp, he signed anything that my kids handed him. In my experience, he has been one of the more generous players in that regard. He is in much higher demand these days, so it is a bit harder but you could likely get him at training camp or mini camp.

You absolutely can get player autographs by mailing your request to the Saints. I got Sean Payton and Drew Brees that way. Brees doesn’t sign through the mail anymore because he started getting too many requests but I’m sure other guys do. It would be worth a try. Make sure to send a picture and a self addressed, stamped envelope so it can be mailed back to you. You do not need to send a sharpie.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom