Advice on new house (1 Viewer)

Ok, my home warranty is up for renewal and will cost me $424 for another year. We had some plumbing problems this past year and my experience with the warranty was that they do not cover much and charge you a $75 deductible for each occurence. Is a year long enought to know about the problems that the house may have or should I re-up on the warranty for another year to be safe?

It may make sense to do a Home Energy Audit. Before I buy a new home, I'll have one done. The auditor comes in and checks the amount of insulation, the effectiveness of the application of the insulation, duct leakage, checks for carbon monoxide levels, etc. Doubtful the seller will pay for any of the remediation except for items that are safety issues or that are required to bring them up to code. Your regular run of the mill home inspector won't have the equipment or expertise to check this stuff.

http://www.hometeaminspection.com/aspx/energyaudit.aspx

Check insurance price in biloxi they are very high right now since katrina. check the flood zone and all that good stuff on the fema maps as well

T

Check insurance price in biloxi they are very high right now since katrina. check the flood zone and all that good stuff on the fema maps as well

T

If you take a look at the dates, I made this thread back in Jan and someone else just brought it back up. The house (2250 sq ft) we bought in Jan is in Woolmarket and our insurance is $2200 and no flood insurance is needed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom