Advise wanted- Anyone ever done a Hawaiian honeymoon or vow reneval ? (1 Viewer)

Dragon

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
In 4 month my husband and I are going to Hawaii for our 20th anniversary. Since we didn't get any honeymoon when we got married, he suggested that now might be the time to do this. He also said he wanted to do a vow renewal ceremony on the actual date.

Well I have book the flights, and have a preliminary reservation of hotels (we'll be spending a week on Oahu and another on Maui). Not too sure about the hotels as of now, but it will do for now. I have also requested and received a lot of informations on marriages and vow renewals but are now completely confused by the sheer amount of different offers. It seems like there is something like 1001 different ways to do this. Have anyone here ever done anything similar ? Which company/minister did you use ? Where did you do it ? Is Maui the best place to do something like this or is Oahu?

Lilikoi took care of my wife and I when we honeymooned there.

She lives on Kauai but can take care of you on other islands as well. She was great (knew all of the locals since she lives there).

Tell her Steven and Amy from NC said hello!

http://www.trykauai.com/

Not sure exactly what advice you are looking for or if I can offer any. My wife and I had our honeymoon on Maui - so no vow renewals were involved.

Initially we were going to book a hotel in Wailea, but the travel agent wasn't disclosing everything and we learned that there was 24/7 construction going on next door and they didn't notify us. So I decided to book on my own and we got a condo that was just north of Wailea and it was PERFECT! It had a private lanai with a full kitchen - which we used primarily for breakfasts and making picnic lunches. It was just very nice to have a full fridge, stove, microwave, etc... at our disposal.

I've recommended it to friends since and they've loved it. If you would like more info on this option on Maui, just pm me and I'll give you the contact information for two of the condos (one is a bit nicer than the other).

If you are looking at things to do on Maui, I can provide a list of what we did and enjoyed as well, including snorkeling the Molokini crater (a MUST imo) and renting a jeep and heading up the road to Hana and things we probably wouldn't do on our next trip (eating at Maui Tacos comes to mind).

It's an amazing place and was the most memorable vacation of my life. It was just amazing.

Also, about our condo, it was located on a pretty private stretch of beach - Kama'ole Beach Park II - and the first morning there I swam out and watched a kayaker not far from shore with a pod of dolphins jumping in the water around him as he moved across my field of vision.

Like I said, if you are looking for more details on recommendations for Maui, just pm and I'd be happy to help.

My wife, Mary, and I were married on a beach in Maui 2 years ago. It was fantastic and we've heard many people say they wish they had done something similar after seeing our pictures. Our ceremony was on a public beach at Napili Bay performed by a Hawaiin minister named Laki. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have...we worked with a local coordinator named Angela through Maui Destiny Weddings. Check out their website (www.mauidestinyweddings.com) for more information. They helped us a lot...you can see a picture of Mary and I after the ceremony on their thank you page (Craig and Mary from St. Louis). Good luck!

We went to Maui for our honeymoon, had a great time. We stayed at the Kapalua Villas (essentially a condo) and they were great. First vacation that I wasnt ready to come home from after 4 days.

Thanks a lot to all of you. I will certainly look into some of the places suggested.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom